WhatBus displays all the bus routes in London on a map in a way that's like the tube map. If you go somewhere, say a pub or a friend's, that's unfamiliar to you and want to know what buses are nearby, then WhatBus can show you those in the area and where they go!
Various other improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
A dollar gone to waste..
I have been looking for an easy to read bus map of London (as opposed to TFL's huge, and grey colored routes). This app sounded very promising and is a brilliant idea actually - see the complete routes for all the busses around you. However, firstly, the app is not really capturing all the busses that are around me. Secondly, and more importantly, the app has inaccurate info (wrong routes) for some of the busses. Bottomline is, although the idea is brilliant, this app definitely does not serve its purpose.
Good idea, poor implementation
The program is very slow and uses the Internet connection I believe for google maps. SO slow you think it keeps freezing. Shows bus routes nearby, eventually, and as I say the idea could make it a useful app but at the moment no. This is another example of how the apple store is getting away with murder for not giving us even 15 or 20 minutes to try out an app and choose if we want to keep it or not. I would return this app in a second and be happy to try it when and if it comes out redone on a ver 3 or 4 .
Further enhancements needed
I decided to buy this app because I have been looking for an app that shows an entire bus route so that I can quickly determine if the bus stops where I need to go. This app displays the entire route, but there are some key functions missing that I think would really make this app indispensable.
1. The app does not display the stops along the route. I'm looking for something more like the tfl website where you can pull up the route and display all the stops for both directions of the route.
2. The app does not display multiple routes at one time. This would be a helpful feature because then you could see all the routes at one stop.
3. This app does not have a trip planner feature. That would be really helpful.
4. This app displayed the bus routes on top of Apple maps. If possible, would probably be better to display the routes on top of Google maps since Google maps does not have the same much publicized bugs.
All in all, I do think this app has great potential, but would like to see some or all of the above features added. Until more functionality is added, I do not think this app is worth its price.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- David Butler
- 71.3 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © WhatBus.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.