PureAudio Live Recorder is an easy to use, intuitive recorder for capturing music, recitals, church services or precious family events and offers back ground noise reduction for crystal clear recordings of voice notes, lectures and interviews. With its almost unlimited recording time, you never have to worry about cutting off the end of a lecture or recital.
For even more options check out PureAudio Pro Recorder which gives you all of these features plus unlimited bookmarking for indexing long audio files; 10-band graphic equalizer for customizing your listening experience; aggressive PureAudio for recording in noisy environments; stereo recording for making surround sound recordings; beam forming for focusing where the microphone looks and reducing noise coming from the sides.
* Fast application start-up, for capturing quick impulse recordings.
* Intuitive simple to use interface.
* Background recording and playback so you can use your other applications.
* Automatic pause and resume when your recording or playback is interrupted by something such as a phone call.
* User guide for easy instruction to all features and functions.
* Recordings can be transcribed on your PC by using speech to text applications like Dragon NaturallySpeaking Preferred Edition.
* Patented digital noise reduction software to remove background noise from recordings.
* Microphone sensitivity boost allows for far field recordings.
* Automatic boost reduction helps eliminate microphone clipping and recording distortion.
* Speaker volume boost to amplify weak recordings.
* Automatic speaker boost reduction to eliminate distortion when set too high.
* Microphone input level VU meters.
* Record and playback using your Bluetooth headset. Works with all versions of the iPhone, iPad 2 and newer, and iPod touch 4th generation and newer.
* Four different sampling rates to control the size and quality of the recordings.
* Three different recording formats: WAVE, CAF, AIFF
Recording & Playback Functions:
* Voice activated recordings (VOX), stop recording silence.
* Fast forward and fast reverse during playback using finger swipe gestures, or by using the audio position slider.
* Append to existing recordings.
* Single button to play all recordings.
* Pause during recording or playback.
* Easy navigation between recordings, using finger swipe gestures.
* Recording time only limited by the amount of free memory and system file size limitations.
* Organize, store and retrieve recordings using editable category folders.
* Automatic numbering helps keep recordings organized in sequence.
* Rename recordings.
* Easy to move recordings to different categories.
* View detailed information about recordings.
* View recordings by category, or view recordings in all categories at once.
* Add, delete, rename and rearrange recording categories.
* Delete all recordings.
* Transfer recordings to your computer using iTunes File Sharing.
* Transfer recordings to your computer using Wi-Fi Sync.
* Email your recordings - not just as a link.
Removed restrictions for emailing large recordings. If you attempt to email a recording that is larger than accepted by email servers, you will be given the option to use Email Drop. Email Drop uploads the recording to the iCloud and sends a link which can be used to download the recording.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Has some bugs. Interface for switching between recording and file management awkward. Fails to start new recording and switch to record mode from file categories.
It would be awesome if it would sync.....
I downloaded this app to use with Dragon Natrually Speaking. I had been using a sony digital recorder that would sync with my computer. Since I upgraded to Windows 7 64 bit Sony does not provide a driver for my now useless expensive digital recorder. I was so excited to see Nuance recommend this app. Unfortunately even though I have wifi connected on my phone and my computer is on the same wifi and connected, the app says no wifi connection is present.
Hopefully this is a bug that will be fixed. I really dont want to spend 150 bucks on another digital recorder. The quality of the recording and the convenience are awesome....but useless without the sync. Will review again if support gets back to me and fixes the problem. The website had no immediate support. I sent an email. Fingers crossed!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.