Star Walk HD is the most beautiful stargazing app you’ve ever seen on a mobile device. It will become your interactive astro guide to the night sky, following your every movement in real-time and allowing you to explore over 200, 000 celestial bodies with extensive information about stars and constellations that you find.
***Over 10 million users! Winner of Apple Design Award 2010***
***No In-App Purchases***
“Star Walk is a remarkably in-depth and detailed astronomy app. There's so much you can do with this app” - Common sense media
“Star Walk is the best stargazing application I have come across for the iPhone. Many of the features found within the application cannot be found in any others! This is one of the best developed and executed applications I have seen to hit the app store.” - iMore
“This app brings the old paper star chart into the smartphone age, and makes exploring the night sky easily accessible to everyone.” - Soggy Astronomer
Duran Duran's keyboard Nick Rhodes mentions Star Walk as his favorite app:
“It’s brilliant, and if you’re ever somewhere with a clear sky and no light pollution, it’s a revelation. It’s beautifully designed and makes clever use of the available technology. I’m fascinated by astronomy, but even if you’re not, give this a go.”
Star Walk HD now works with Apple Watch to alert you of upcoming astronomical events.
- Night sky map with thousands of stars, constellations and other sky objects
- Real time celestial bodies tracking
- Augmented reality view
- Night mode
- Extensive information about celestial bodies
- The ability to travel in time with “Time machine”
- Astronomical calendar with various celestial events
- Stunning space pictures in “Picture of the Day”
- A wealth of information on the amount of daylight, phase of the moon, and visibility of the planets in “Sky Live”
• Launch the app and point your iPhone at the night sky, you'll see the stars, planets, satellites, and constellations in their proper place from your location. As you move your device, the star map updates in real time.
• Every object you tap has an (i) next to its name, tap it to access information.
• A scale on right is the “Time machine”, slide it to explore the map of the night sky of tomorrow or years ago.
• A calendar of celestial events will make sure you never miss anything interesting.
• Tap Augmented Reality icon in the upper right corner to add the image from your camera to your sky view.
• Use Night Mode to go easy on your eyes and preserve night vision when exploring the Universe.
• Star Walk HD is your personal planetarium. Project to a big screen with no picture quality loss.
Star Walk HD is something you will definitely enjoy.
Start your stargazing experience now!
+ updated astronomical calendar (celestial events for the year 2019 added)
+ full support for the newest Apple devices
+ minor bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
I LOVE this app! I’m 61 and have always loved watching and reading about space and the universe, like Carl Sagan, etc. It’s really great getting push messages about upcoming events, and also pointing my iPad up at the sky and it knowing where the stars and satellites are and naming them. This was the first app I ever bought when I purchase my first iPad and it is well worth the few dollars. I’ve enjoyed it for years. And oh yea, I can’t forget the great background music, you’ll feel like your at the science center viewing the stars!
One of my favorite apps
I forget when I installed this app on my iPad but after I moved out of the city to a place where I could really see the stars it's become my most used app. I've learned to recognize constellations, observe satellites, notice various asteroid showers, and best of all, track the Milky Way across the night sky. I've even taken up night photography to capture some of the magic myself. I keep the music off so I don't wake anyone. I love this app! Heavenly.
Point your device at the sky anywhere and see what's there. Tap on stars, planets, and satellites to learn more about each. Even when it's too cloudy to see stars, or daylight, or you want to see what's about to peek above the horizon, or point at the ground to see what's in the sky on the other side of Earth, this amazing app shows you what's around us. My kids are just as enamored. I've loved StarWalk for over 6 years and it keeps surprising....
- Vito Technology Inc.
- 151.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Vito Technology, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.