Bring out the star in you with CenterStage XL, an Extra-large customizable soundboard, with iTunes File Sharing, Sound Document support, Sound and Icon URL Pasting and Expanded Media Support (Premium Feature), Volume Control with Fade Out support and more. Entertain yourself and others in ways you haven't thought possible before. Ideal for DJ's, radio shows, sports announcers, role-playing games and anything else you can think of.
- Tap to play. Tap and hold to play looped.
- Multi-tap to play multiple sounds at the same time.
- Drag/strum fingers across the board to create havoc.
- Sounds are ready to play, no loading or paging needed.
- Volume Control adjusts device volume.
- Fade Out / Mute button, with adjustable fade out duration.
- Record and use your own sounds with the built-in mic.
- Download and use WAV sounds from the internet (Paste-a-URL).
- Open and use WAV sound documents, like Mail attachments.
- Upload and use WAV sounds via iTunes File Sharing.
- PREMIUM FEATURE: Assign more types of audio to any button. Use the new now-playing status bar to pause/play/seek. (Expanded Media Support is available with a one-time InApp purchase)
- Customize button icons and board background from Photos or Camera (if available) or Pasteboard or the internet (Paste-a-URL) or via File Sharing or use any iPod library album art.
- Customize sound labels and button look.
- Paste sounds, icons, labels between buttons.
- Sounds can be set to Solo mode.
- Add sounds to Shaker list to Shake-to-play a random sound.
- Multiple/independent button timers.
- Email both built-in and recorded sounds.
- Move/Rearrange sound buttons.
- Toggle between single-button play mode and multi-touch play mode.
CenterStage XL has 52 sound buttons. The first 26 are pre-populated with built-in sounds/icons. The rest are blank for you to add some of your own sounds and icons. All 52 sound buttons are customizable, either from within the app or via other customization methods.
A comprehensive Info section describes in more detail how to use CenterStage XL and what sound formats are supported.
You can adjust the sensitivity of the accelerometer for motion activated play (Shake-to-play).
The 3 ways of playing sounds (tap, timers, Shake-to-play) do not interfere with each other and can be used in conjunction with each other.
With music sources, only one can be playing at any time, but will remain playing even after the app is closed.
With other sounds, multiple sounds can be playing at the same time (overlap), even while iPod audio is playing.
Tap Fade Out button to fade out. Tap and hold for list of options, including a Mute option.
- Please leave your comments and suggestions of what else you'd like to see added to CenterStage XL.
- Let us know how you have used CenterStage XL, we wanna know!
- We love reviews. We only ask that you try the app first before you leave a review. And if you're leaving a review because you're having problems with the app, please give us a chance to troubleshoot it for you first. Thank you.
- If you can't hear any sounds, please make sure the device volume is turned up while the app is running. Also make sure the app is not in Mute mode.
- If you're importing sounds, please read the Info section in the app that describes what formats are supported and what the different ways to import sounds are.
- If you're picking a song from the iPod library and nothing happens, reset the privacy settings for Media Library and try again.
We respond to all emails and help troubleshoot problems. Please email email@example.com for help or feedback.
- Support for latest iOS
- Minimum iOS supported is now 12.0
Ratings and Reviews
I have discovered one annoying bug, and a couple features I wish it had. I upgraded the app so I can add my own music, a feature I need. The bug is that when a song is playing the "pause" button is not always there. Instead, the "play" button remains available while my audio is playing. The problem is that I cannot stop the music unless I hit the " mute" button. Then I must hit "un mute" before I play another piece of audio. The features I would like is to be able to have a button play a music playlist instead of just one song. Switching between this app and iTunes is a pain. Finally, I wish there was a volume control on the app. Now the only volume option is the iPad's side volume buttons.
Developer Response ,
Please try the latest version. There have been lots of fixes and improvements since then, including a volume control was added in the app.
If you're looking for playing more than just one song, you may want to try one of my other apps, Platinum Music Player. It can play or shuffle a playlist or play all songs by one artist (through the search feature).
Useful sound panel
I use it in my RPG sessions, to add sound effects throughout. It didn’t take long to figure out the way it works, then I was good to go.
Most customizable of all...
Pros: This app is by far the most customizable of them all. Good sounds to begin with but better when I add my own. Not only that but being able to create my own button graphics helps me locate the buttons quicker when I need them. I use mine at work. When the kids get into my van a voice tells them to "Buckle Up!", and when we arrive Mickey Mouse tells them he's glad they've arrived.
Cons: Your sound clips have to be ridiculously short (can't use it to trigger a song or long spiel), the file transfer system isn't the most friendly of them all (You'll need at least a C+ in computer efficiency) and unlike other sound board apps, you can't load directly from your iPod app (all your soundbites have to be in .wav format - use iTunes to convert).
All in all I gave it 4 stars but mostly because I'm good with computers and could figure it all out. It's certainly the best of what's available. I hope in future updates they allow iPod transfers or at least let us transfer longer (higher quality) sounds.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Other Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- CHRIS PAVLOU
- 13.3 MB
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2010-2021 Chris Pavlou
- In-App Purchases
- Expanded Media Support $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.