If you’ve ever asked “What chord am I playing?” Reverse Chord Finder Pro is for you! Just select two or more notes — using piano, stringed instruments, or music notation — and the app will show you the names of the chords that match.
“This app is simply awesome! It will accelerate your discovery of new chords in leaps and bounds and raise your level of playing to new heights.” — A Happy Customer
* Enter notes in 3 different modes: Piano/Keyboard, String Instruments (guitar, bass, ukulele, etc.), and Music Score
* Extensive chord database — more than 100 chord types!
* Hear chords played as block chords or arpeggios
* Find partial chord matches to isolate passing melody notes
* Use the Favorites list to bookmark chords you’ve identified
* See the same chord represented on different instruments or in musical notation
* Left-handed String Instrument support
* String Instrument options for 3 to 12 strings, plus capo
* Music Score mode supports treble and bass staff, and all 12 major and minor keys
* View major scale degrees for selected notes to learn chord construction
* Customize chord notation (CDEFGAB, CDEFGAH, Do-Re-Mi)
MUSICIANS, COMPOSERS, AND MUSIC STUDENTS
* Analyze and write down harmonies
* Recognize and construct chords more easily
* Improve your understanding of chord theory
MUSIC TO OUR EARS
“I can look up chords faster than with any other method. Worth much more than the current price.”
“With this app I can find out what the chords are ... No more embarrassment in front of the rest of the band!”
“A songwriter’s best friend!”
Questions or comments? Need some help?
Fixed an issue where the store view may not be dismissed after restoring purchases
Ratings and Reviews
first ever second review?
I believe this is the first time I've ever been drawn to write a second review, but I have to do it: I love this app like a new puppy, or an unexpected vacation, or a run on a sunny day. If you are an aspiring musician, how can you not have this app?
This afternoon I'm tackling a tough piece of piano music, and I'm seeing its chord structure (in the left hand) easily and with clarity, thanks to this nifty little app. I used to have to leaf through a heavy book. But now I can learn much faster and with much less hassle.
If I could save only two of my apps from a burning computer, this is one of the two I'd lasso and pull to safety. And no, I don't work for the company. I merely love the company's delightful product. It's making me stronger every time I learn from it.
Older version was better
November 14 update: the developer has kept his word and updated the app to address my gripe. Thanks!
The older version was better. In the older version, when you pressed on the keys in keyboard piano, it would produce the note. When you press the second time it wouldn't as if to turn the note off. The new version makes it sound both times. This is very distracting. Hopefully the new developer will fix this. Otherwise, the app is perfect.
Happy Happy Joy Joy
This app has been one of my most favorite and shared apps I’ve ever bought and that’s not hyperbole. I should’ve wrote a review much sooner but I’m going to write one now.I do so many weird cords and voicing this really helps me to quickly jot them down and put them in a pattern to make sure it’s something I want before recording.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Ghostdust Pty Ltd
- 11.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, German, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Ghostdust Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- 7 Day Trial $0.00
- Monthly Subscription $1.49
- Annual subscription $14.99
- Lifetime Access $29.99
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.