¡¡¡ Currently on Sale !!!
For best results with OCRKit, please follow these guidelines:
• Please make sure, that the text to be recognized is sufficiently illuminated.
• If the font is very large, please hold the camera at good distance to the document.
• The iPhone might not recognize that you want to shoot in landscape mode when you hold the iPhone parallel to the desk. If you want the camera to take pictures in landscape mode, please make sure, that the camera symbol changed orientation.
• Take sharp photos. Make sure the text is clearly readable and not blurred.
Perform Optical Character Recognition on photographs taken on the iPhone. Save text from documents while on the go. OCRKit performs all image processing including the OCR directly on your iPhone. No image data is transferred to servers over the air, your data plan is saved and OCRKit just works while abroad.
OCRKit Key Features:
• Includes editable history of previously recognized texts.
• Allows to edit the recognition result and copy and paste the text into other Apps including Mail.
• Supports iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
• Process PDF files from other applications.
• Includes the following OCR languages: Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Rumanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Norwegian.
Unfortunately we can not answer to iTunes comments, please contact us directly at email@example.com for support and future product enhancement requests.
• improved support for iOS8, iPhone6 and 6S
• improved recognition accuracy
• improved performance
• fixed text view layout issue with new iOS keyboard extensions
Ratings and Reviews
Horrible! Don't waste your money!!
If you are thinking about buying this app, do yourself a favor, and don't. It does not work at all. I took pictures of many samples of text. Large, small, good lighting, close, and far. Nothing worked. After you take a picture of the text you are transferred to a screen that is populated with random symbols and hieroglyphics, and can only be described as an incoherent mess. The advertisement/sample photos for this app are a complete farce, and I consider it fraud. If Apple cares at all about their customer’s satisfaction and wants to maintain an image of only providing access to quality products, then they should remove this app from the store.
Works pretty well!
I use OCRKit on my mac and was curious how the tool would work on the iPhone. My only tests so far were a letter from my stock broker under dim light with an iPhone 4, but it works pretty well.
As others have mentioned, you really have to keep an eye on the camera orientation when taking a picture – look at the camera icon. If it's wrong you get complete non-sense characters. If you are "scanning" in landscape format, it's probably easiest to lock the screen orientation first.
The app really could use a confirmation screen with options to rotate and crop the picture before running OCR. If it had that, I'm sure it'd be 5 stars. As-is I'd give it 3 or 4 stars, landing on 4 because so many have given it 1 star just because they didn't figure out this usability problem.
- ExactCODE GmbH
- 28 MB
Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2015 ExactCODE GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.