JotNow is the sticky notes app you have been waiting for…
Place notes in notebooks and further organize them with tags. Resize, dock, and collapse notes to keep them out of your way but still in plain sight. Even use your favorite colors to add some style to your notes. Why write down notes when you can have JotNow store, organize, search, and even publish notes to a blog?
JotNow provides note publishing. So you can share a single note, or many notes via the JotNow Blog platform, for free. Each note can be selected to be shared to a friend or posted to your Blog for everyone. Its your choice and its all anonymous. Published notes even support Markdown and syntax highlighting.
Find and display notes with a click of a mouse or the press of a key. So much effort has been put on functionality and simplicity you will wonder how you ever used your computer without JotNow installed.
Videos available at: jotnow.com
• Create Blog posts anonymously from notes with the new JotNow blogging platform. No signup needed. Blog post URLs are even SEO friendly.
• Publish notes to the web with short URLs
• Pin notes
• Easily share notes with anyone
• Notes can float on top of other windows
• Syncs note tasks reminders (due dates) with Reminders.app
• All notes support rich text (RTF). Bold, italic, different font styles, etc.
• Auto-saves, never worry about notes being saved
• Note tasks, each note has it's own list of to-dos
• Auto-indent lists
• Email notes
• Custom note colors and note transparency, style your notes
• Dock and collapse notes
• Resizable (with scrollbars)
• Dock notes to any part or edge of your screen (multi-monitors supported)
• Manage notes without using the mouse
• Search within notes
• Swipe/flick notes left or right to dock them (trackpad only, two or three fingers)
• Text-to-speech support for all notes (notes can be read aloud by your Mac)
Note Manager Features:
• Search Notes
• Import and export notes (txt, rtf, etc)
• Drag selected text or existing RTF and Text files to create notes
• Create notes from empty searches
• Find recent notes quickly using search operators (:today, :recent, :new)
• No mouse required to manage notes (keyboard friendly)
• Easy to use
• Blog directly from notes
• iCloud support
• Hide dock icon
• Quickly search for notes from anywhere (using Open Notes window)
• Can be used without the mouse
• Print directly from notes
• Unlimited notes, notebooks, and tags
• Global/system keyboard shortcuts (hot keys) allow access to JotNow from any application
• Note trash, safely delete any note, you can see it later, if needed
• Dock and Status Bar menus to access notes
• Keyboard user friendly (many helpful shortcuts), you can command key features without touching your mouse
• Touch Bar support
• Stable and reliable, your notes are safe
and much more...
Online documentation and videos are available in our support section:
Soli Deo Gloria
- Fixed potential notebook sync issue
- Support markdown syntax shortcuts (bold, etc)
- Bug fixes and other enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
One of the best
I'm a 'been there done that' when it comes to note-taking apps, ranging from Evernote to Notes to 'you name it' - the difference in JotNow (for me), is that I don't have to switch into 'think / structure' mode while using it. JotNow is also of few note-taking apps that can 'stay out of the way' while using it. I'd love to see the next update and would gladly pay/contribute to its development.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. We will be adding more improvements in the coming months.
Still the best and fastest note taking app with floating capability. The only thing I would say is misisng is the ability to save the notes to a cloud service such as dropbox to check between machines. In addition, instead of having the notes date in the history section, it should also have the notes title or first words. It does have the ability to rename notes, but that takes away form the speed at which I would like to work.
Nonetheless, its great for fast notes, has swiping feature to move the notes fast. Good for floating over other screens(needed this for coding and copying and pasting)
In addition it has a great search feature to help find notes.
If you do get this app, be sure to setup the shortcuts as that also helps speed things up.
Great for someone needing fast notes that have to get jotted down and refrenced later.
Not easy to use
This app would be useful to me if they fixed a few issues and was more intuative. This app is very hard to navigate and I wish they made it easier to figure out how to customize the notes. Not very straight forward...
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christopher Bess
- 9 MB
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Quantum Quinn 2022
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.