iVocabulary is your personal knowledge trainer for your Mac and provides a convenient way to collect and manage your own vocabulary, technical terms, flashcards or the content you prefer.
Via the iCloud and the companion apps iVocabulary for your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad you can easily take your vocabulary with you and learn your vocabulary while you're in a train, on the beach or wherever you like.
Since it's based on ProVoc, you can download files out of more than 4000 freely available vocabulary files, created by a huge community. Choose your vocabulary for many languages including but not limited to: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Latin, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese … iVocabulary is based on the retired app ProVoc, created by Arizona Software (Switzerland) and is able to open all files created with ProVoc.
- Create your own vocabulary files
- Learn new vocabulary with a neat slideshow
- Train your vocabulary with multiple choice or written test
- Get immediate feedback through a pie chart
- See your learning progress in a history bar chart
- Structure your vocabulary in chapters and pages
- Add images and audio to your vocabulary
- Upload your vocabulary to iVocabulary on your iPhone, iPod touch or your iPad (you find iVocabulary also on the iOS App Store)
- Print your vocabulary as list or as cards to cut out
- Spotlight integration
- Import your existing vocabulary from CSV files
- Adjust the training modes to your preferences
To get an idea of iVocabulary you can have a look at the screenshots and howto videos on the iVocabulary support website.
(Please note that iVocabulary for your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad needs to be bought separately from the iOS App Store)
- Fixes login to Dropbox for sync
- UI improvements
- More stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Customization is key
Learning a language is a long and labor instensive venture and for this reason I appreciate how customizable iVolcabulary is. All the options may seem intimidating, but one-size-fits-all vocab trainers really aren't what you want for a years long project.
keeps improving, very good overall
Excellent for building personal language study. Have used the program for years, and then when version 3.0 came out, it was almost worthless for a while, but now it is back up and running, with some new features that I really like, like i-cloud syncing. Of course when you deal with this stuff you always want more, I think that it is better than BYKI though it is not cross platform. It is much easier to move and organize chapters and lessons than BYKI is. Also ivocab 3 makes it much easier to import and export data than BYKI, which costs more than $50 if you buy the editable version. overall very good program.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christian Beer
- 21.5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.10 or later.
English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- © 2008-2019 by Christian Beer
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.