The Leading Password Manager for Mac ◆ AES Encryption ◆ Website Logins ◆ iCloud Sync ◆ Automatic Backups ◆ Password Generator ◆ Flexible Templates ◆ Advanced Security Options
“Apps That will Change Your Life” - Wall Street Journal
“10 Must Have Apps (DataVault #1)” - CNET
"DataVault is a user-friendly and feature-rich password manager that will keep your information safe and accessible without hitting your wallet too hard." Secure Mac
“My most important app. I have used Data Vault for years. It is my favorite app. I have never had any problems. It’s always accurate, well designed, user friendly and safe.”
“Huge Fan of DataVault!! Everything I wanted in a Password manager! It looks great on my iPad, it works great on my Mac! The customer service is amazing!”
“The Best Password App For Your MAC. There are Password apps and then there is DataVault which is the only app to be using on your MAC. To me this blows the rest away.”
DataVault Password Manager for Mac protects confidential information such as passwords, usernames and financial information using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), the most powerful technology to keep your data safe.
SECURE YOUR DATA
- DataVault encrypts your information using AES, the global standard for data protection. Your master password isn’t stored anywhere on the device. Not even Ascendo has the key. Only you can unlock your data.
- Provides 256-bit encryption with PBKDF2 and salting to insure the highest level of security of any password manager.
- Set a Security Timeout to require login after an inactivity delay.
- Set Maximum Login Attempts to wipe your data after successive failed login attempts.
- Set a Master password hint in case you forget your master password.
- Use Field Masking to shield data from prying eyes.
- Automatically enter usernames, passwords and fields using extensions for Safari or Firefox. See user guide for installation instructions.
- Save web form contents directly to DataVault.
- Backup your data automatically to insure you never lose your important information.
- Create strong passwords using build-in Password Generator with settings for length and types of characters. Strength Meter tells you if you passwords are weak, good or strong.
- Synchronize with DataVault for iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and other devices (sold separately).
- Use iCloud, Dropbox, Wi-Fi to synchronize your devices.
SIMPLE TO USE
- View items in list view or folder view.
- Use Templates to enter common items such as bank accounts, credit cards and logins.
- Select from 50 default templates or create your own.
- Use categories and types to organize Items.
- Duplicate items for faster entry.
- Search Settings including case sensitivity.
And a whole lot more...
- 200 icons to personalize your Items.
- Import from mSecure, Keeper, 1Password, EWallet, SplashID, Keepass & other applications.
- Import from text files in CSV format.
- Print items.
- Great email support.
Incorporated in San Diego, California, Ascendo has been a leading software developer since 2004.
Questions? We would love to hear from you! email@example.com
Secure. Powerful. Simple. Try DataVault Password Manager today!
- Fixed display issues for Mojave users who set iOS Preferences > General > Appearance to Dark.
If you have any issues with DataVault for Mac, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you like free updates, please rate DataVault positively in the App Store.
Ratings and Reviews
Can’t survive without this app!
I can’t imagine surviving our password and data driven world without this app, I use it nearly every day either to store or to retrieve data. I use it to store passwords and all sorts of other important data, securely on my laptop or other device, and sync it easily across all of my devices via a secure wifi. Every time I am forced to create a new account of any kind I quickly set up a new entry in DataVault on whatever device I am using at the time - phone or pad - to store the relevant information url, customer service #, account name, password and anything else that may be relevant. Then when I am back on my secure wifi I can quickly sync between all of my devices. For those who prefer to sync via the cloud, that option is also available. Pre-designed templates for various types of data make it easy and each is customizable to add additional fields. And of course the entire data base is searchable. It is invaluable when traveling because I always have secure access to my data since it is stored on my device, not in the cloud, which I believe is one of its best features.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your excellent review!
Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
DataVault Password Manager…..Usability and ‘Cloud’ Syncing - DropBox vs Apple Cloud
I have always been more than happy and satisfied with the performance of DataVault in my many years of using it. When syncing to a ‘Cloud’ service became an option for we users, I elected to utilize Dropbox as I had used it for other things in the past and it has always worked well for me in keeping an iMac, MacBook, iPhone and iPad DataVault all in sync. With the recent changes in the Free Dropbox model and being able to only sync three computers / devices, it left me a little short of need. So, I elected to try the Apple Cloud sync method and to evaluate how well it worked with DataVault. I have tested the Apple Cloud sync now for 4 days, making numerous changes on my iMac, MacBook, iPhone and iPad. My evaluation is that it works seamlessly and accurately between devices. The Apple Cloud method does seem to take a bit longer to get changes made to my other devices, but it works well, sync's a little slower but works.
Ascendo is a great software company, giving frequent updates to DataVault, and listening to users needs. Thank you Ascendo!
Developer Response ,
Thank you so much for your extensive feedback! Best, Liam, Customer Success Manager
This is what I was looking for
As a long-time user of complex passwords, I have been looking to update my password software. I use encryption software from time to time, when required by my company, and I was not looking to get a password manager that would conflict with the existing functions in the other software systems (which is sometimes hard to predict). This version is a nice upgrade, and provides a secure home for information that I need. I am also very happy with the simplified database format used, as I am very comfortable using database arrangements for information. Since I was actually trying to avoid the subscription model for this type of software, I appreciate the option to purchase this function specifically (and I will look for other ways to support the developers as well, since I think the price is a bargain). The fact that I can use this software across several devices is a new convenience, and I may try it out when I upgrade my tablet or phone software packages (again I have to avoid conflicts with my company software functions).
Developer Response ,
Thanks! - Liam
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.