An educational game to learn the location of notes on the fretboard of the guitar and other stringed instruments. Ten instruments are available, including bass (4/5/6 strings), mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
You are presented with a random note on the fretboard, and are offered a variety of choices for the correct answer. Just pick the button corresponding to the correct choice to score a hit!
The new staff training mode also helps you learn the position of notes on the musical staff on the fretboard of your instrument.
As your score gets better and you manage to identify notes faster across the entire fretboard, your working knowledge of the instrument increases!
Game mode provides a fun way to make progress. Work your way through levels of increasing difficulty and compete with your friends!
WHAT ARTISTS SAY ABOUT THE APP
“ Learning the notes on the fretboard is key to any guitarist's development on the instrument, and [Fretuoso] is a neat way to get that info burned into your brain without having to carry a guitar with you everywhere you go. Pretty cool! ”
-- Bryan Beller (Dethklok, Steve Vai, Mike Keneally)
“ This is one of the best apps I've seen in a while. It's simple, fun and educational. Very useful for guitar players as a lot of [them] tend to play by ear and not care much about knowing the fretboard. ”
-- Rick Musallam (Mike Keneally, Gryphon Labs)
- Train your ear while improving your working knowledge of the instrument.
- Learn the position of notes on the musical staff; say goodbye to tabs!
- Eleven different beautiful, realistic-looking instruments! Includes 5 guitars, 3 basses, mandolin, ukulele and banjo.
- Focus your training on particular parts of the fretboard: any range of frets, any subset of the strings.
- Many common tunings are built in, but custom tunings can also be created.
- Visualize your progress on the fretboard; statistics are kept for every fret.
- Smart Learning Engine: the app automatically focuses on sections of the fretboard where you are weaker.
- Integration with Game Center, Twitter and Facebook: compete with your friends and share your progress!
- Left-handed mode is available.
The basic version comes with the full electric guitar instrument. Additional instruments can be purchased from within the app, either separately or as a discounted bundle.
Please e-mail us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions or requests so we may assist you!
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely the best guitar app for someone who uses musical notation, intervals, and a variety of alternative guitar tunings. It is intuitive and easy to adapt to your needs. This is a must for those experimenting with open tunings, while at the same time probably meets needs of someone who wants to learn the standard fretboard as well. Really a terrific app.
I'm so please with the options available in this app and the way it allows me to learn in a variety of ways. I can't imagine how it could be better.
Back to 5 Stars
Yup, I was emailing that address.
I am glad you are still in business!
The app is a fantastic learning tool and I use it for the three instruments I play every day. I truly enjoy it.
Developer Response ,
Are you emailing us at email@example.com? I assure you that we are in business and working on your issue. As a matter of fact, the new 6.5.2 release should help. Please let us know if it is not.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Catloaf Software LLC
- 122.7 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Catloaf Software LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All Instruments $3.99
- 7-String Guitar $0.99
- Bass Guitar $0.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.