Prepare! — Start! — Release! — Repeat! — Switch!
• ”I tried quite a few and this is the best one hands down!"
• ”I might actually DO the exercises my PT prescribed, thanks to this app!"
• ”I've looked at many timers for stretches, floor exercises, weight lifting... and this is the perfect one!"
TIMER AND COUNTER WITH VERBAL AUDIO AND VISUAL CUES:
Physical Therapy or Personal Training: this app keeps time, counts reps and sets, and allows you to schedule your exercises. YOU ENTER YOUR OWN EXERCISES, instructions, pictures, and setup your entire workout. You enter rep count, set count and durations, then PT Timer gives you clear verbal commands and cues to keep you going, while you can focus on something else. You can fine-tune the timer settings to fit your own pace perfectly. Some of these features are available only during the free trial or with a paid subscription as described below.
MORE FROM THE REVIEWS:
• "The app is very easy to use and has resulted in the quality of my exercises increasing markedly … it does meet my needs to a "T"!"
• "Best one ever. Have tried 2 others. At 65 stretching is important and this app helps."
• "…it lets you focus on other things if you have simple boring exercises."
Version 2 users should note some of the current limitations of 3.0: Please read more at http://www.pttimer.com/pttimer3.html.
BASIC VERSUS PAID SUBSCRIPTION CAPABILITIES:
A one week free trial lets you experience full functionality of PT Timer. After the free trial you can choose to continue using PT Timer in Basic Mode, or purchase a subscription to continue with the full functionality.
• Functionality and services provided only with a subscription: timing and counting; adding and editing exercises and workouts; change of schedules; technical support. For information about terms of subscription, see below.
• Basic Mode includes: view the regiment of exercises that you setup during the free trial or during an active subscription; view instructions and pictures; receive alerts according to the already defined schedule; check-off when you have completed exercises and enter and view notes about the ease or difficulty of completing each exercise.
• Note that this app does not itself provide any exercises or instructions (other than a couple of examples). You must enter exercises and instructions for your own needs.
ENJOY THESE BENEFITS:
• Avoid counting seconds and repetitions.
• Focus on something else while exercising.
• Get clear voice cues throughout your workout.
• Add photos and notes for directions.
• Fine-tune timers down to the last detail.
• Combine exercises into entire workouts.
• Schedule your exercises and receive reminders.
We listen to you! If you find problems or limitations, please be as specific as possible, so that PT Timer can be improved. If you found a bug ------please also send email------ since additional information may be needed to fix the problem. Thanks for taking the time!
TERMS OF SUBSCRIPTIONS:
Several subscription options are available for purchase: 1 month, 3 months, and 1 year periods. The prices of subscriptions vary by country and are shown within the app. Payment will be charged to the iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. A subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. The iTunes Account will be charged within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the price specified for current subscription. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
• Fixes related to initial launch of app.
• Several other minor fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful app
I spent a day looking for this app and am so glad I found it. I was a little worried about it being abandonware until I found recent responses to reviews. Took a bit of time to figure out how to set up things but once I got the hang of it things went very smoothly and tuning intervals and such has been simple and straightforward. I really like being able to set things up on my iPad and then transfer to my iPhone. The only hitch is that there is no landscape mode for use on tablets. I have an iPad Pro with the Apple keyboard, which means I have to have landscape mode to use it. The rating goes to 5 stars as soon as I can use landscape mode on my iPad to manage the exercises. A step-by-step tutorial showing how to set up different types of exercises (video or text) to supplement the well-done textual descriptions of the screens would be helpful.
Developer Response ,
Thank you! Although it is not exactly a tutorial, make sure to check the documentation in More > Example & guide. An update is in the works, so your feedback is much appreciated, and you're welcome to email suggestions (More > Feedback & ratings).
Exactly what I need to stay on track
It's surprisingly hard to find an app that fills this niche, but this app does it perfectly. I can easily define exercises in the app with the duration and repetition my therapist prescribed, with text descriptions and photo illustrations, then group the exercises into a tag (e.g. "PT Week 1"), and schedule it to repeat on the prescribed schedule (e.g. Twice a day).
At exercise time, it gives me voice prompts along with timing to prepare for each other exercise, start, switch sides, rest, etc. I can easily pause it to review the exercise description and illustration, and when each exercise completes, I can mark how hard it was. All this is then tracked over time, and I can export it all as a CSV for my own analysis later.
Oh, and of course, I can play music in the background. And since this is all on my phone, I can stop and do my PT exercises at any place and time with the same level of comfort and convenience.
They thought of everything!
Bravo! Whoever made this clearly spent a lot of time thinking it through b/c it has every feature you could ever need! I use it for stretching my low back and the thing I love is that I can just press play on my "combo"(basically a playlist of all my stretches) and it takes me through all of my stretches with audio cues and I don't even have to look at it. You can customize the overall length of time, the time between reps and time for resting, the type of cues to tell you what to do (you can even record your own voice announcing the name of the stretch), whether or not to have it switch sides, how many reps, how many sets, and you can even upload pictures of your stretches in case you can't remember what to do. This app is absolutely worth the price and has made doing my stretches so much easier!
- Qi Analytics LLC
- 24.4 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 11.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2019 Qi Analytics LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All functionality $0.99
- All functionality $4.49
- All functionality $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.