More than a basic check register and reporting tool, CheckBook Pro features everything in CheckBook, our powerfully simple personal finance manager, and then some. Get a report for all of your accounts at once. Search for transactions with any combination of criteria. Group your transactions into folders. Change the details of a group of transactions in a single stroke. CheckBook Pro's simply powerful data management tools make it all just plain easy.
Precisely manage your finances
• Find transactions with simple searches or dozens of powerful search criteria
• Reconcile your accounts to the penny
• Schedule transactions that repeat periodically, like monthly bills and paychecks
• Track cash flow over time with customizable reports so you can see where your money came from and where it’s going
• Save complex searches as Smart Folders, so you can search again and again
• Group your transactions into Folders, to tidy up or begin a new year
• Quickly change the details for a group of transactions, instead of one at a time
• Report on all your accounts at the same time
• See pending scheduled transactions for all your accounts with a single reminder
• Save some ink strokes and let CheckBook Pro print your checks for you (pre-printed check paper only). Supports Quicken templates like Standard, Voucher, and Wallet.
Import from other personal finance apps or your bank
• Strong support for OFX, QFX, QIF, CSV and Text
• Import from Quicken® Essentials for Mac
Share and sync your data
• Sync with other users on a local network
• Sync with iCloud
• Manage accounts in multiple currencies
• Transfer funds between accounts without creating two transactions (check out the built-in help or contact us for help)
Learn more about CheckBook Pro
• Download & print CheckBook Pro's built-in help: http://www.splasm.com/checkbookpro
• Watch video tutorials of CheckBook Pro: http://www.splasm.com/videos
• Share with other CheckBook Pro users in our forums: http://www.splasm.com/forum
Send questions about CheckBook Pro to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're happy to help!
• Minor import enhancements so you can import statements with a wider variety of date formats.
• Improves reliability when your document is stored on FAT volumes, such as thumb drives or external drives that came formatted for Windows machines and weren’t reformatted after purchase.
• Corrects an issue preventing documents from being saved when the name of your home folder includes an apostrophe.
• Restores the ability to tab to create new split line items, as well as Category autofill and Category force completion, in Debit Entries.
• Prevents a crash that can occur when importing dates that don’t contain any alphanumerics.
• Resolves a potential crash when asking CheckBook Pro to browse for other Macs to sync with but canceling a couple of seconds later.
• Fixes an issue preventing Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard users from completing new Entries or changing existing Entries.
• Minor user interface adjustments and fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Works Great! One minor issue…SOLVED!
Love this app! It works very well. I left Quicken because they now require you to “subscribe” to their software and store your financial data in the cloud. NOPE!! Have used Quicken for Mac since the day it came out. No more…already uninstalled it after starting to use this app. Was able to migrate all of my Quicken data to Checkbook Pro without an issue.
The only minor bug I would like to see changed, is when I am making a payment to a credit card, I would like it to be one entry, so it comes out of my checking account and automatically applies to my credit card. Right now, I have to do two separate entries…one to show the debit from my checking account and a second to show the payment applied to my credit card. NOT a deal breaker for me though, but that was the only reason I gave 4 stars instead of a perfect 5. UPDATE!! Thanks to support on this app, I found out how to make a one transaction transfer between accounts! :) Fantastic support and the one minor issue I had with the app is no longer an issue. Perfect 5 stars! Again, thanks to the app developer. I really do recommend this app! :)
Nice job on the app! Fix that one, very minor, bug and I’ll update to 5 stars. Thanks for a great app at a great price that allows me to store MY data on MY computer and that I don’t have to “subscribe” to! Please keep it that way.
Developer Response ,
Hello! We're happy to hear you're enjoying CheckBook Pro so far. Here's how to transfer between Accounts so when you create an Entry a matching Entry in the other Account will be created for you: As you fill in the details of an Entry and get to the To or From field, look just to the left of the field at the actual word "To" or "From" and you'll see a triangle next to it to tell you the word is also a button with a menu. Click the word "To" or "From" to reveal the menu, then click the "To Account" or "From Account" menu item, and the To or From field will become a menu button with the names of your other Accounts. Click the menu button and choose the Account you want to transfer to or from and you're all set. Hope that helps. Keep in touch at email@example.com if you need anything!
Not perfect but pretty close
I used another program which isn’t available on the Mac platform, only available on iPad/iPhone and was looking for something to use on my laptop. Decided to try this and I’m glad that I did. I really like all the features but there are a couple of things that I wish they would change/add. The one thing I was used to on the other program was the automatic decimal point being added when I was entering amounts. Though this isn’t a big deal, I’m not used to it not being automatic but I’m getting better at adding the decimal point manually. The other thing that’s a bit confusing is when you want to transfer money from one account to another. You have to be in the account you’re transferring money to in order to transfer the money. I think if they added another entry line so that you could transfer from account and to account would make this less confusing. As I said these are petty complaints and I’m getting used to the differences from the program I was using on my iPad. All in all I’m really liking this checkbook program alot and the longer I use it, the more I appreciate all the time Splasm put into making this.
I recently switch from a PC to a Mac. I’ve used Quicken for my checkbook/finances since the 1990s, but didn’t want to buy something that requires annual subscription. I was so happy to find this app as it is able to do what I need. There was a small learning curve to do the basic, but it’s very easy to use. The biggest complaint I would have is I can’t find a way to enter directly into the register(tab through the fields) rather than having to entering debits or credits into a popup box. Takes way long to enter my transactions especially since tabbing does not stop on type. I do like being able to select what I want (Entry, Reconcile, Schedule, Summary) at the bottom of the sheet. Another time saving feature would be to have the ability to schedule a transactions from a register transaction without having to retype ALL the information.
One question - is there a way to to split a payment and send part of the payment to an account and the rest just associate with a category. To clarify, I have a Home Equity loan set up. When the monthly payment is due, I would like the total payment substracted from my checkbook, but only appy the princpal part of the payment to the Loan account. What I’m having to do now is to apply the full amount to the Loan account and then create another entry on the Loan account to add back in the interest?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.