By some distance the biggest-selling pan-African magazine in English, New African brings an African perspective to international reporting on the continent. Inspiring and always enlightening, New African aims to cover real issues often ignored elsewhere and to correct the many misconceptions associated with the continent. Each month, New African delivers the best features and commentaries on Africa and its people. An essential read for anyone serious or curious about Africa.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is published. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive of more than forty back issues. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically via Newsstand.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
£2.29 per month
£22.99 per year
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for iOS 12 Password AutoFill, so if you have an Exact Editions account you can log in with a couple of taps.
• Added a Siri Shortcut which allows you to go directly to the latest issues.
• Added keyboard shortcuts for easy navigation within an issue.
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best International source for news/views on Africa
I' so glad to have the IPad option. After 3 years I was unable to afford the US paper subscription this year so this was a godsend. App needs a few tweaks, like the ability to delete issues (or, better yet, Archive)' but this is an excellent example of digital publishing.
Simply the best magazine on contemporary Afrika!
I have subscribed to New Afrikan off and on for many years and the New App makes it much more transportable and easier to access. My biggest criticism is that only one page and not the entire article is available for posting on social media.
Love the magazine but it won't swipe between pages!
This problem needs to be fixed! This is an excellent magazine. However the swipe issue makes it difficult to enjoy the digital version.
- Exact Editions Ltd
- 11.3 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © Copyright 2018 Exact Editions Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- New African $2.49
- New African $26.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.