ID-Photo is an all-in-one solution for taking biometric passport and ID photos, right on your iOS device!
Most of the countries in the world today require passport photos to follow biometric standards. Save your money on expensive and time consuming photo booths or even more expensive photographers, and use ID-Photo, right on your own device!
• Inform yourself about common errors and pitfalls in regards to passport/ID photos. Learn what a photo has to look like to be acceptable for the passport authorities.
• Express Lane: the quickest way to get passport/ID photos, ready to print. Just follow two easy steps. There's no step three.
• Take a passport/ID photo with your device's camera, or pick an existing photo from the camera roll. In both cases, a special overlay grid (available both for men and women) will help you to meet requirements regarding size and proportions.
• Edit the picture you have picked or taken and optimise contrast, brightness and sharpness and/or convert it to grayscale.
• Create prints from your pictures. Use automatic mode to automatically fit them on a specified paper size or manual mode to specify the number of photos to output. Save prints to your camera roll, export them as JPEG or PDF file, open them in other apps, copy them to the system pasteboard, send them by Email or print them directly on your AirPrint-enabled printer! You never have to worry about getting the sizes right because ID-Photo will do everything automatically for you!
• Photos can be re-used for different country settings. For example, just take one photo, and use it both the passport photo of your country and the visa application of another country.
ID-Photo supports metric and US customary units (automatically selected).
Country specific settings are available for the followings countries (more will be added with future versions):
EU Schengen Visa, Australia, Austria, Belarus, Belarus (Visa), Belgium, Brazil, Brazil (Visa), Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada (Visa), China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Indonesia (Visa), Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Mexico, Mexico (Visa), Nepal (Visa), Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates (Visa), United Kingdom, United States, Vietnam
There is also an international settings that follows the guidelines of the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization) - most countries follow these guidelines.
ID-Photo supports all devices that can run at least iOS 10.
If you have questions, ideas or support questions, write an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for using ID-Photo!
This update contains additional support for iOS 12 and the new iPhone and iPad models.
If you have questions, problems using the app or feature suggestions, write an Email to email@example.com. If you like ID-Photo, please leave a positive review on the App Store - it helps tremendously. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Full featured and easy
This app does everything I wanted it to do, including advice, helping me position the subject, light adjustment, country-specific image sizing and printing multiple copies to each sheet. I printed them straight from the app to my printer. No fussing with other apps. I chose the option to keep the pic in the app instead of my photo library. Rarely do I find software that is so complete. All good!!
Sorta works, but not well
There are quite a few bugs with this app that make it only marginally functional for its intended purpose. I kept encountering weird UI issues with part of the screen going black and the top navigation bar being lower on the screen than it should be, covering other elements. Far worse, however, is that the resulting photos sometimes didn't match the live preview. In other words, I'd be perfectly lined up with the photo overlay and snap the photo, only to have the resulting photo trimmed totally differently. This seemed to happen at random, and as passport photos are a rather exact science, this bug quickly became very aggravating. Additionally, I had issues at first with captured photos not appearing anywhere within the app after being taken as if they didn't save, but after some digging and toying around, I finally made them come up. Even then, you're forced to manually export them from the app into the camera roll; snapping a photo should make it go directly into the camera roll, no questions asked. I ultimately got a single photo that seems to meet the requirements for U.S. passport photos, but even then, I had to bring it into Photoshop and resize it as this app saved the captured image at a strange resolution of 827x827 pixels (a 2"x2" photo, as required for U.S. passports, should be 600x600 pixels at 300 dpi). Not really worth the frustration and manual legwork required.
What a mistake!
This could actually be a great app if only it did what it needs to do: be accurate! I started with a high quality portrait import, scaled via this app --- only to find out that the app then chops off significant space on top and arranges pics on paper to maximize output while also ignoring that there are several mm missing on the sides. My careful placement in the mask here translates to four shots on a 4x6" photo print where there is zero space between the top of the head and the top edge of the photo, and there are several mm missing on the left side of the left photos and on the right side of the right photos. In other words: non of the printed shots are usable. I'm not the type who throws a fit over $2 wasted, but this is ridiculous, such a waste of opportunity due to bad programming. If you want to make sure that the Department of State does not reject your photos for non-compliance, better move on. Hopefully there will be an update that fixes this major issue so I can use this app in the future.
Developer Response ,
Hello, I'm sorry to hear you had this problem. Existing photos are tricky because they often don't have the necessary margins to crop the correct size. Without actually seeing the photo it's hard for me to say what caused your issue though, so please send an Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work this out. Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.