The Sun app is the home of all the latest breaking news, showbiz, celebrity gossip, football and money with live updates and videos. It’s simply the best way to stay informed with the best and latest stories and is available for download on iPhone devices.
The app’s main features include:
- You can personalise your own feed on the ‘My News’ tab, choosing the subjects you want to read about - and removing the ones you don't. It's easy to edit so you can get the stories you want, the way you want them.
- The ability to comment on stories - read what people think and join in the chat.
- Get breaking news notifications with videos and images straight to the lock screen on your device.
- Customise your alerts with the stories you want to hear and read about.
- Easy-to-navigate home screen displays all the top stories from news to showbiz to sport.
- All the latest videos from across news, sport, showbiz and money and an ‘Editor’s Top Picks’ tab showing the very best.
- A ‘most-read’ feature for every section to highlight the most popular Sun stories of the day so you don't miss out.
- Special ‘swipe’ option helps you move easily from story to story rather than having to navigate back through the app.
- Share stories and content with your friends and followers on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp.
- Huge Sport section features all the latest news, analysis, fixtures and insight from all our columnists, especially the Premier League and news about Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham. You can personalise your feed to get you team's news first, including clubs from the Football League and in Scotland.
- All the latest football transfer news and gossip in a constantly-updated live blog.
- It's not just football, there's also the latest from the worlds of Boxing, Rugby, Cricket, Tennis, NFL and much more all within the Sport section.
- All your favourite and most outspoken columnists in one place, from Jeremy Clarkson to Jane Moore, in their unique style.
- The home of Bizarre, the Sun’s legendary showbiz gossip column for all the latest about your favourite celebs. A behind-the-scenes look at the latest reports and your TV and Soaps updates.
- All the latest lifestyle stories from Fabulous Magazine. The best fashion and beauty tips, health and fitness, parenting, relationships, food, horoscopes, pictures and videos.
- Special sections on the biggest stories, such as Brexit - you can follow for all the latest news.
- The best Travel news and tips, from city breaks to beach holidays to cruises, plus regular traffic and public transport updates to help you stay on top of delays.
- The infamous Dear Deidre column, from the nation’s number one agony aunt, who is on hand to answer readers' questions about life and love.
- New features added all the time - we'll let you know when they're ready to use.
If you opt-in for push notifications, a unique identifier for your device will be generated and will be stored by Urban Airship – our push notification platform – on behalf of The Sun to provide you with our services.
You can choose to unsubscribe from The Sun news push notifications in your device’s ‘Notifications’ screen.
This release brings bug fixes and enhancements.
Ratings and Reviews
I had been reading the Daily Mirror for months and I was getting so depressed. Everything in it was/is so negative and doom and gloom! I saw The Sun mentioned in an article so I tried it. I can’t believe the difference. I also couldn’t believe what a difference it made to my mental health and outlook on life. I looked up the Daily Mirror in Wikipedia and as soon as I read what political party they supported I realized why they’re the way they are!
Too much emphasis on UK Soap Opera and Reality TV stars.
Can we have more human interest stories of everyday folk rather than the shenanigans of Reality TV Stars.
I always loved The Sun but it's much skewered towards UK stars and for those who live outside the U.K., it's 'huh'?
As for Sports!! You tick all the boxes!
Quantity not Quality
App is rather uninteresting to interact with which leads to a rather boring experience reading defaming articles on actors clearly evidently abused by their partners. Credibility of said variety of news articles is similar to propaganda and smear campaigns fit to impress the bottom of the barrel dictators and rulers in the world. Highly disappointed in the services this newspaper provides along with the information the journalists provide to the masses under the false guise of the truth in order to fulfil selfish agendas and drag innocent and abused men through the dirt. Wouldn’t even consider recommending.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- News UK & Ireland Limited
- 63.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References Gambling and Contests Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © Copyright News Group Newspapers Ltd 2021. The Sun is a registered trade mark of News Group Newspapers
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.