– Copy a URL before switching to Master Password to automatically search for the URL's site name.
– On iOS 10+, copying secrets to the clipboard now expires them from the clipboard after 3 minutes.
– Readability of certain text in the app.
– React accordingly to large font size and reduced transparency settings in Settings.
– Hide sites and passwords from the app switcher.
– A few issues with creating new sites.
Ratings and Reviews
Passwords and Math
I was totally skeptical that this wasn’t just another password backup app but it uses math and algorithms to generate the passwords so as long as you know your key info like your full name, passphrase or password, and the website for the login you will NEVER LOSE YOUR PASSWORDS. That part makes me stoked to use this app on my phone and computer. Totally simple and streamlined. Encrypted and safe. Thanks you developers for making math work in an awesome way that keeps us safe from bad password habits.
Time to shred the PW notebook
I’m not good at remembering my passwords so I love the fact I don’t need a notebook in which I use to write my passwords on. Time to shred that notebook. Besides it’s a great place to remember where you have accounts with passwords in. Hint: when asked for your full name, I would not be creative like you were with your master passwords. Have fun in the new joy of being more private and secure in using this app.
Simple but Not Easy
While it’s a snap to use, Master Password is a sophisticated password generator that somehow combines your name, and salts them to concoct a targeted password for each site, app, note, etc. Its worlds more complicated, and yet I’m not really interested in how it works it’s magic. I’m just glad it does, without me having to hunt for independent scraps of data like so many of the othe password keepers.
- Maarten Billemont
- 15.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2017, Lyndir
- In-App Purchases
- Generate Login Names $0.99
- Generate Security Answers $1.99
- Fuel Top-Up $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.