Close-up, a daily photo journal for your face.
Close-up reminds you to take a photo of yourself each day and lets you make time-lapse videos or GIFs. Photos can be backed up and synched using Dropbox and geotagged with locations from Foursquare.
Time for a small Spring Cleaning update:
- Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause the app to become unresponsive.
- The camera is no longer briefly started then stopped when state restoring to a previously taken photo.
- Improved location suggestions when low precision location access has been granted and you're logged in to Foursquare.
- Checkmarks are shown next to places you've previously visited in the location picker list if you're logged in to Foursquare.
- Fixed a bug where temporarily granting full location access wouldn't hide the button to grant location access.
- You can now use handoff with Close-up between iOS devices and with the web if Dropbox sync is set up.
- The "This Year" date range preset has been moved to the front of the list of suggestions in the video creation screen.
- Improved reliability of "random time" notifications being random when notifications are dismissed instead of acknowledged.
- Small improvements to sharing photos to Instagram feed.
- Notification titles are shown even when notification previews are disabled.
Ratings and Reviews
Love every bit
I used the app Everyday to create a transformation video since 2011. For the past few years I’ve been worried about it not being updated and finally decided to make the switch to a new app. This app is wonderful and creates an amazing user experience from the moment I started with it. It offered to help me transfer all my old selfies from Everyday (no small task as I had 2807 already). Within an hour I was all set up with Close-up. Couldn’t be happier. I love the ability to choose different time periods for creating videos and the fact that it’s so easy to see how long the videos will be and change FPS. Are there things I would change or add? Sure. But overall this is an incredible app and it improves on another I’ve loved for years.
Developer Response ,
Happy you’re enjoying it!
This app is amazing
I’ve been using this app since March if 2014. So, if anyone is wondering or worried that at some point Youll lose your photos, you won’t. A lot of times people start things and don’t finish them. An app like this being one of them. I’m telling you tho… if you stick with it… it’s amazing to make a video years later and see all the different pics. It’s worth committing to. I promise you. I don’t use it every day. Every few days… once a week sometimes… there have been even bigger gaps as well… when you have so many years tho, you don’t really notice. I absolutely love this app. When I show my video to people they’re so impressed.
Been using CloseUp for at least 3-4 years now and have never been let down! The Dropbox integration is a great feature since I’ve switched phones a few times and never had to worry about local backups. Not necessarily a bad thing, but it would be cool to be able to have more than one set of photos. So maybe you can have yourself and then a separate one for your child or partner, or even for multiple children. Just an idea 😉
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- User Content
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Timothy Johnsen
- 4.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2022 Tim Johnsen
- In-App Purchases
- Video Sharing $0.99
- GIF Sharing $0.99