- Fixed video input
*** Version 2.17 ***
- Further improved color balance, especially when combining more than 50 frames
- Remove motion blur is now off by default
- Restored RAW / Video input switch on certain iPad models
*** Version 2.16 ***
- Improved image quality and color balance in very low light conditions
- Fixed an issue that could prevent the exposure progress bar from displaying
- Fixed an advanced exposure control issue that caused light metering updates to stop
- Prevented screen from sleeping during very long exposures
*** Version 2.15 ***
Support for iPhone X, XS, and XR:
- Optimized for large screens
- Fixed telephoto lens on XS
- Adjusted exposure for new sensor
- Improved noise reduction when a large gain is applied during image processing
- Fixed several exposure control and layout issues
- Reduced stuttering sound during exposure
- Exposure settings are now saved when the app is closed
- Restored full resolution photos in image browser
Ratings and Reviews
Camera shutter sound still there after the most recent update
Please give users an option to disable shutter sounds. Its not an option for Korea and Japan because too many perverts take pictures of women without their consent, so the law mandates phone manufacturers to disable silence function on cameras. 3rd party apps are the only option for silent cameras, and cortex used to be my life saver. Otherwise, I love this app.
Astonishing on my 7
I was concerned to read some of the negative reviews but figured I could roll the dice for $3. Admittedly the best result in sharpness comes from shooting a stabilized phone, but the dramatic improvement in low light quality, even hand held, is astonishing. The rendering of improved shadow detail is remarkable and the noise reduction superb. I can't wait to use it on subject matter beyond the preliminary test shots. I have no idea why others describe a poor experience but I'm very impressed.
Just keeps getting better.
I’ve been using this app for some time now and for static subjects or subjects with minimal motion it does great. You must be able to hold your phone reasonably steady for several seconds. It’s low light capability is impressive even though that is not its primary purpose. Color rendition is excellent. With shadow enhance turned on it provides an HDR effect. My favorite camera app. Now I just need to get a newer model iPhone to get the most out of it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.