Command the seas, conquer the land, build an Empire.
Before you buy, expand this description to check the system requirements below.
An epic game of real-time tactics which combines turn-based empire building with massive 3D real-time battles on land and at sea. Charged with the fortunes of a nation, you must use diplomacy, trade and military force to establish it as the dominant power of the 18th Century.
Decide the strategy behind the development and expansion of your empire. Expand your borders through conquest or diplomatic cunning. Conquer overseas territories to establish colonies and profitable trade networks. Take command of the battlefield and patrol the open seas to defeat your enemies and shape the contours of history.
Important information regarding Empire: Total War - Gold Edition:
• If you require assistance, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Minimum System Requirements: Processor: 2.0GHz Intel, RAM: 4.0GB, Graphics: 256MB, Free Space: 30.0GB.
• The following graphics cards are not supported: ATI X1xxx series, Intel GMA series, NVIDIA 7xxx series.
• You can find out more about the game on the Empire: Total War - Gold Edition mini-site at feralinteractive.com/empire
• Fixes a bug that prevented Empire: Total War - Gold Edition from launching on macOS 10.12 (Sierra).
• Adds functionality for connecting the game to a Calico account.
• Removes functionality for connecting the game to a Game Center account.
• Improves interface of the pre-game Options window.
• Fixes a number of minor issues.
Ratings and Reviews
I may be a lone here, but I actually find myself enjoying the Political & Economical aspects rather than War; unless they are major battles, i’ll usually automate it. Is there a game that is similar that includes more of the nation building like this?
I love this game and highly recommend it.
Honestly, you could not have picked a better time in history than the 18th century to create a game where you have control over the 3 pillars of government: Political, Economy and War/Defens. And just as the title suggests…the focus of this is War.
Works Pretty Well, With A Few Hiccups
When I first purchased this game, I couldn’t even get through an entire campaign without it freezing and crashing. Now those major problems seem to have been fixed, as it is entirely possible to play through the entire game. However, there are still some issues. When engaging in diplomacy with another nation, the screen to trade technologies often freezes, so even if you switch between the various tabs for military, industrial, and enlightenment technologies, the screen will stay stuck on the industrial or enlightenment technologies, so you can’t select any others. This makes ending certain conflicts very difficult when you can’t see your available technologies to offer up in trade. Also, the game often gets stuck on certain nations when you end your turn and can take upwards of five to ten minutes for it to move past these nations and get back to your turn. The game no longer seems to crash during these situations, but this getting stuck does add up to an immense amount of time when playing a game that can be 200+ turns. All in all it’s a solid game, it’s gotten much more playable over time, and hopefully it’ll continue to improve.
No American Domination Allowed
This game is liiiiiit. It is super big, fun, and a great step up from the last total war game I played, Rome Total War. I really like the graphics, battles, and overall gameplay. But, I cannot dominate the world with the United States! Everytime I capture enough settlements in the Road to Independence mode, it says congratsand then crashes. I would love to keep playing and I only write this review so that something changes. This is a great game and I highly recommend buying it, and this game would be perfect if this issue is fixed.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your purchase of Empire: Total War.
After the completion of this Episode you will see a short movie about the formation of the United States. This indicates the end of the Road to Independence campaign. If the game is crashing at this point, please get in touch directly via email@example.com
You should now be able to choose to start a campaign game as the United States by reentering the Road to Independence campaign and choosing United States from the right side of the screen.
We hope that this helps. Please let us know if you require any further assistance.
- Feral Interactive Ltd
- 13.4 GB
OS X 10.11.6 or later
English, Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Polish, Russian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Frequent/Intense Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © SEGA. Developed and published on the Mac by Feral Interactive Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.