Brimming with intelligent, practical and interesting features, The Lady magazine covers news, travel, cookery, health and gardening. Now edited by Maxine Frith, The Lady was first launched in 1885 and is now published monthly, notorious over the years for its much loved classified advertisement section.
Independently run, The Lady was founded by Thomas Gibson Bowles, maternal grandfather of the Mitford sisters, who started The Lady upon his wife’s suggestion that a women’s magazine would prove popular. Since then, The Lady has remained within the same family and is now under the management of publisher, Ben Budworth.
The iPad/iPhone edition brings you selected pages from the latest issue as soon as it is available. You can subscribe within the application for full access, which brings you every page of the issue and a searchable archive back to 27th April 2010. Issues are not sold individually - for the duration of your subscription you have access to every issue in this archive.
During your subscription you can sync back issues to your device. These will remain in place if your subscription expires, unless your device removes them (for example when running low on disk space). Re-downloading issues requires a current subscription.
• Swipe or tap the page edges to flip to next/previous page.
• Use the animated thumbnail view to flick through the pages.
• Pinch or double-tap pages to zoom.
• Switch between single or double-page view.
• Search the current issue or the archive.
• Tap any page links to web sites, email addresses, phone numbers or maps.
• Tap contents-page links to jump to a particular article.
• Sync back issues to your device for offline reading (requires wi-fi).
• Network connection required otherwise.
We recommend first running the app within a wi-fi area so it can sync the latest issue to your device - after that you can use it anywhere. Subscribers will receive new issues automatically.
Subscriptions are available within the app at the following prices:
Weekly Sub £1.49
Annual Sub £54.99
In addition, please note the following standard features of auto-renewable iTunes subscriptions:
• Your payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase.
• Subscriptions will renew automatically unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period.
• You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings in iTunes after purchase.
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period.
and our terms of service here:
• Added support for Dark Mode
• Bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Terrible Customer Service
I recommend that no one do business with them if you expect good customer service. They will not respond except by boilerplate.
They have no interest in helping the individual customer.
Can't access issues when subscription lapses
I enjoy the magazine but not the online version. Reason: You can only view issues while your subscription is in effect. If you let your subscription lapse, they cut you off from accessing even those issues you paid for. A very poor deal for the consumer. If you like the magazine and want to keep old issues, stick with paper.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Search History
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- The Lady Ltd
- 18.4 MB
- Magazines & Newspapers
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 12.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 12.0 or later.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2021 Exact Editions Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- iTunes Subscriptions $1.99
- iTunes Subscriptions $74.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.