Play chess online, solve tactics puzzles, watch all major chess tournaments live and analyse your own moves with the official chess24.com app! With chess24 on your phone the next game is just a touch away!
- Play against chess24 users all around the globe
- Immediately analyse your moves afterwards to see how you can improve your chess
- Pick how fast you want to play – 1, 3, 5 or 15 minutes for your moves
- Premove to respond to your opponent’s move instantly (with chess24 mobile users are at no disadvantage!)
- Games are automatically stored on your device so you can replay or analyse them later
PLAY VS. COMPUTER
- Play our online chess engine opponents including “Magnus Carlen at 10” years old
- Challenge offline engine opponents — no internet connection required — or create your own custom character and time limit
- Review your games afterwards, improve and play again
INTERACTIVE VIDEO LESSONS
- Watch free videos from our vast video library
- Improve you chess with top grandmasters such as: Viswanathan Anand, Peter Svidler, Jan Gustafsson, Lawrence Trent and many more
- Fully interactive chess board allows you to make your own moves, experiment, analyse
- Follow major chess events in real-time — chess24 broadcasts live games every day from the world’s best tournaments
- Analyse live games with a chess engine and try your your own moves on the board
- Compare the first moves in live games to our database of chess games
- Replay games and tournaments after they’re over
- Access the latest chess news from chess24 and stay up-to-date
- Follow your favorite pros with tournament reports, interviews, game analysis, and fun features
- Read comments from other chess fans and leave your own
- Hone your tactical skills with our advanced Tactics Trainer that is tailored to your level
- Thousands of puzzles with a wide range of difficulty
- Climb our leaderboard and compete with your friends
- Receive feedback when you want - after each puzzle, after each wrong answer or at the end of a session
- Not sure about the solution? Analyse the puzzle right away using our powerful analysis tools
- Build up your own chess database! All analysis and games can be saved on your device
- Set up any legal position. Analyse real-world games right when they’re played
- Step through a game, add variations and explore
- Ask the computer - our powerful engine evaluates positions as deeply as you choose
- Consult a huge number of games by top chess grandmasters - see what others did in your position
- Find the answer to any chess problems you encounter
IMPORT CHESS GAMES
- Import games using the popular PGN format
- Use iTunes Filesharing to sync PGN files to your device
- Save games to your device and analyse them wherever and whenever you like
AND MUCH MORE
- Customise the appearance of the board and pieces from a choice of attractive themes
- Manage your chess24 profile right from your mobile device
- Keep track of your stats and ranking
"Chess - Play, train, analyse & watch live" is free to download and use. "chess24 Premium" gives you unlimited access to the app including our video library for $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year through an auto-renewing subscription. "chess24 Mobile Premium" gives you unlimited access to the app (excluding our video library) for $1.99 a month or $16.99 a year through an auto-renewing subscription.
Subscriptions will be charged to your credit card through your iTunes account. Your subscription will automatically renew unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will not be able to cancel a subscription during the active period. You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal in the Account Settings after purchase.
Fixes base rank rook moves Bug
Ratings and Reviews
Bad element of a great site
Chess 24 is a wonderful site with excellent tournament coverage and great training materials created by top GMs like Jan GUSTAFSON and PETER Svidler who work for them. But the play zone and the iPad app are DOGS and it's really a shame. The iPad app hasn't had a meaningful update in ages.
You will lose games you have in fact won, the app will crash in the middle of a game, the responsiveness and feel are slow
and poor all around. Its a pity, their gms are strong but their coders are patzers!
Terrible especially on iPhone x
This is the most irritating app I have ever used. The controls you have to use to scroll through moves or while solving puzzles are horribly misplaced. They are at the very bottom of the screen on a narrow strip. They are partially covered by iPhone X’s line at the bottom. When I try to hit the arrow for next move, I keep hitting the notation and end up somewhere near the end or wherever that notation point is because the margin for error is do small. This makes whatever other features they have useless, because I cannot scroll through game without losing my temper. Whoever designed this app should be fired.
I made an account, tried to log in, said my password was incorrect, had an email sent to me to reset my password, link didn't work, so now I can no longer make an account because a 2 minute old dead account holds the email that I use
- Logical Thinking LTD
- 90.6 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Logical Thinking Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- Mobile Premium $1.99
- Premium $9.99
- Mobile Premium $16.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.