WHY GYM GENIUS?
· Easiest workout tracker available!
· See results & stay motivated
· Workout Tracking, Graphing, Logs and more
· Gorgeous functional user interface
Experienced lifters know the importance of continuous improvement, but If you don't track your workouts how do you know if you are making progress? Lift an extra lb or do an extra rep, Gym Genius gives you the tools you need to improve your lifts with every workout and get results!
YOUR WORKOUTS YOUR WAY
It's easy to get started. Simply add your favourite workout and start tracking. Gym Genius is flexible, train the way you want and track the workouts you care about!
FULL FEATURE LIST
LIFT, TRACK, IMPROVE
· Easy & Minimal Data Entry
· Simply enter sets, reps & weight as you workout
· See Personal Records as you workout
· See last times lifts as you workout
· Automatically tracks new Personal Records!
· Automatic rest timer
GRAPHS & LOGS
· Interactive and detailed Graphing
· Graphs for individual exercises
· Graphs for each workout
· Logs for all completed workouts
· Logs for individual exercises
· See your strength gains, stay motivated
· Identify weak areas, adjust your training
BULK OR CUT
· Track your weight and stay on track
· Set weight loss/gain targets
· Graph your weight see your progress
FOCUSSED & FLEXIBLE
· Support for lbs & kgs
· Easy to use workout plan entry
· Easy to use custom exercise entry
· 6 Core Workout Plans built in
· 170+ Core Exercises built in
· Change your workouts on the fly in the gym
· Share new prs and progress on Facebook
We've added new sharing options! You can now share a screenshot of your workout to your favourite social network. We also fixed some bugs around sending feedback emails.
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I was looking for
I wanted an app that I could enter my workouts with exercises-weight-sets-note, and be able to Look at what my last workout was so i can make sure I am on track.
There are a lot of apps and more expensive apps. Some good ones on the past have no longer been updated so they are obsolete.
Gym Genius is clean, simple, easy to enter information. Since I use Golds gym it is hard to have equipment available when I am ready so I need to switch from a machine press to a hammer-free motion- free weight etc to complete that exercise so it is important for me to just identify what equipment and weight I did that exercise. Some people don’t care and that’s fine a bench press for some doesn’t matter if it’s free weight, Smith machine, dumbbell etc. For me I like to track it and that is how I vary my exercise routines.
Long story short I would like IPHONE health app to capture my workout info so I can see the various ball park calories used but that is a minor concern since I am there to work out and lift weights. I like I can add cardio bicycle, treadmill etc easier than in other apps I have used.
Thumbs up, hope you enjoy the app as much as I enjoy it. Well worth the money for me.
Great all around app
I've tried a bunch of workout apps and this is the most user friendly. I love the timer function that keeps me on pace in my workout without having to worry about it. And I love that I can see what my record and my last weights were during my previous workout. It helps me push myself and make sure I'm progressing. It also has a good bank of existing exercises and it's easy to add an exercise that's not there. The notes section lets me note the reps and sets I need to do for that workout and the rest time between sets. And it saves it in the workout so I don't have to keep looking at another app to see that info. The historical data doesn't seem to store well. I've used this app for about a year and a half, or more, and the saved data only goes back to June of this year right now, which is only a couple of months. It's always been like that too. But all in all, for what I use it for, I love it and use it every workout. It's a great app.
I’ve been using this app off and on for the past 2 years. I find myself using numbers more often however the interface of this app is easy and appealing. Why I’ve rated it 4 stars instead of 5 is for a few reasons off the top of head:
- you can’t add super sets or anything like that (however there are ways around that by adding a blank workout just titled super set)
- if you’ve added sets, reps, rest or any other notes for the workout depending on how much it’ll just say “(insert message)...” not literally but I hope you understand. Anyways there’s no way to view the rest of the note after you’re done editing so now you have rewrite the note and short hand the eff out of it. Very annoying.
- to piggy back off the last flaw is you can’t effectively track on notes you’ve added to workouts such as, “I couldn’t complete the rest of the workout due to tightness in my lower back...” etc.
Maybe I’m being petty but these are the most common issues I run into while dealing with this app and are the primary reasons why I just make my own spreadsheet. If you are looking for essentials and simplicity then this is worth it but if you’re into more advanced forms of working out/documenting then don’t waste your time until they add such features.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.