ReadKit is a full-featured news reader and read later client that supports services from Instapaper, Pocket, Pinboard, Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin and Feed Wrangler and has built-in RSS capabilities.
"If you use Feed Wrangler and have been looking for a desktop client, ReadKit is your best option"
"The best reading later app for the Mac now is a top-notch RSS reader, with native sync and support for Fever and NewsBlur"
"ReadKit is well-equipped to meet your newsreading needs"
Cult of Mac:
"It’s my favorite way to use Feedly on the Mac now."
"If you're a news hound and own a Mac, ReadKit is absolutely worth adding to your dock."
Have all your Instapaper, Pocket, Pinboard articles and Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin or Feed Wrangler RSS feeds in one convenient place even when you're offline. ReadKit has a built-in RSS engine too. This is an offline reader without syncing abilities. Subscribe either to RSS or Atom feeds, create and manage folders and import your existing subscriptions via OPML.
Browse and manage your Pinboard bookmarks with ReadKit. In addition, you can download and store the contents of these bookmarks locally.
Choose the layout, formatting and style you prefer for reading, with the ability to move, add, archive and even mark your bookmarks as favorites. The interface is simple providing a straight forward reading experience without making any compromises.
• Feed services: Feedly, Fever, NewsBlur, Feedbin, Feed Wrangler and built-in RSS engine
• Read later services: Instapaper and Pocket
• Bookmark services: Pinboard
• Offline reading
• Customizable interface: font style, face, alignment, height, line spacing and page width
• Smart folders: can be used as unified folders but are more useful for everyone. These special folders act like “Smart playlists” in iTunes updating their contents real-time.
• Change between original and stripped down content with a click (provided by Mercury web parser)
• In-app browser for viewing links and other references
• The browser is capable to save links for offline viewing
• Preference to open links either in ReadKit or in your default browser
• Add, remove, move, archive and mark bookmarks as favorites
• Full support for Pocket and Pinboard tags
• Focus mode: reading without interface elements
• OS X Notification Center support
• Share bookmarks via Buffer, Email or iMessage
• Full support for high resolution Retina displays
• Preference to display unread items in the dock
• Customizable keyboard shortcuts
• Syntax highlighting of code snippets
• OPML import
• Support for the Touch Bar on MacBook Pro
Pinboard, Feedbin and Feed Wrangler users will need to have a premium subscription to use their account with ReadKit or any other 3rd party application.
We would like to hear from you. If you have any questions or concerns regarding to our software, don't hesitate to contact us via email (email@example.com), Twitter (@readkit) or visit our homepage at http://readkitapp.com
- Minor fixes and improvements
NEW IN 2.7:
- Added support for macOS Big Sur.
- Minor UI fixes and improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Instapaper my main newslink today
This will be short -- if you like global news and have little time to scan and read everything you fancy at the very moment you glance and skim a particular story this is your number one tool/app to copy & paste all that vital info (for later perusing & reading). I have used Instagram since they started way back and I was always amazed at the simpleicity of their basic formula -- always working. And coupled with the ReadKit app it becomes a tool you simple can't be without. I wish there was a video capture version just as efficient and simple, but that will probably never happen due to copyright issues around the world. Arnold (Thiefhunter)
Does what it needs to do; display news feeds. Plenty of customizability to tailor it to your needs.
The only one thing I wish it had was a longer maximum time limit for keeping unread posts around. Yes, posts can be starred to keep them forever, but I tend to forget about the starred ones since it's "out of sight, out of mind". Hence, an option to keep unread posts for longer than 4 weeks would be great. Otherwise, excellent app!
Save Your Money! It’s not a good app
This app is all smoke and mirrors: the interface looks good but it's really clunky.
1) *The biggest problem here*: there is no “HELP” support whatsoever. After clicking on “help” from the toolbar, the app simply said: “There isn’t help available for ReadKit.” Well, that’s nice!
2) *second major problem*: you cannot easily import your OPM feeds from another service. I had been on the old NetNewsWire for a long time and was looking for a better alternative. However, ReadKit will not give me the option of importing my existing feeds from my previous service. The “import OPM” button is always dimmed and non-functional.
3) *Third problem*: even initiating any interaction with the app after installation is not intuitive. The first screen following the download says: “add your account.” What account? From what service? This app seems like it was designed by someone who has no social skills and thus cannot think from the end user's perspective. There is a terrible lack of foresight and plenty that screams "bad design"!
So, what’s the point of this app, again? What are reviewers so excited about when they’re describing this app? I have no idea.
You will pay $10 for a piece of clunky garbage. Save your money and find something free that actually works!
I don’t support mediocrity.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Balazs Varkonyi
- 5 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2020 Balazs Varkonyi
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.