「Recommended by the Financial Times」
The ultimate business resource of the English language
The Longman Business English Dictionary gives users an in-depth knowledge of all the vocabulary they need to survive in today’s fast-paced business environment.
Perfect for both business English students and people already at work, this dictionary provides easy access to the complex worlds of accounting, banking, economics, marketing, shipping and the stock market.
● over 30,000 words and phrases
● over 20,000 examples based on authentic sources, such as the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal
● Coverage of both British and American English business terms.
● 24,500 recorded sound files included -BOTH UK and US pronunciations of all headwords.
● Extensive Business Resources Section
All definitions are written using the 2000-word Longman Defining Vocabulary, so that even difficult words are defined clearly and without technical jargon.
● full content of the print dictionary
● complete front, middle matter and additional resources
● unique three-way cross-referencing search
● real-time progressing look-up
● wildcard searches for unknown spellings and quizzes
● DarkMode support
● link out to LDOCE (if installed) for additional E-E reference information
● support for search from other applications
● Bookmark syncing and backup via iCloud
● bookmarks with editable notations
● automatic history
The ultimate business resource of the English language for use anywhere and anytime.
Longman Business English Dictionary (LBED)
© Pearson Education Limited 2007
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good to search bank related words teaches so many things
The Picture is too small and vague on my iPhone4S!
I am so glad to buy this dictionary during its 30% off in the last day sales.
However, I first tried to view the section "Writing Letters and emails" which makes me quite disappointed that those 2 pictures are far too vague to be able to read on my 4S. I tried to tap on it but it cannot enlarge. Please kindly improve picture problems in next ver. of program. The problem is also found in Marketing Concept four Ps.(possibly also vague in every picture.)
I'm a LDOCE 5 and Longman idiom dictionary app user. (I also love to use Oxford advanced dict.)
It is very glad to see there is a LDOCE 5 PLUS published. I read your app introduction with its Q&A and hope there will be truly an possble option for current old LDOCE 5 app user to upgrade and be able to pay in app to buy the activator function too.
Please revise the picture as soons as possible in order to let me get the most out of this so called "Business" Dictionary.
I am curious and eager to reach the content that should be accessible!
Thanks a lot in advance by a longman dict loyal user!
P.S. I will also try to use this dict to search some other words in famous magazine like "Economic Times" to see if it explains various business terms well.
- English Channel, Inc.
- 258.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, Bosnian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Lithuanian, Malay, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © Pearson Education Limited, Enfour, Inc., The English Channel
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.