insTuner Free - The BEST, FREE, INTUITIVE Chromatic Tuner!
insTuner is a chromatic tuner that helps you tune instruments quickly and accurately.
With advanced DSP (Digital Signal Processing) algorithm, it is highly accurate (±1/1000 semitone or ±0.1 cent precision). insTuner Free is well-designed and easy to use. It features a unique "fixed" note wheel, which helps you to find the position of detected pitch easily. You can also use it as an electronic pitch pipe to tune by ear, matching the generated tones. With its large and clear display, you can tune your instrument without any difficulty: Just tune and play!
It is suitable for tuning acoustic or electric guitar and bass, ukulele, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki, bowed strings, woodwinds, brass, timpani and more. In fact, almost any instrument that sustains a tone can be tuned using insTuner Free. It supports Line-in Mode as well as Built-in Microphone Mode. Clip Microphone is supported too.
=== FREE FEATURES ===
* Universal App, purchase once, available on all of your iOS devices: iPhone/iPhone5/iPod/iPad.
* Precise to ±1/1000 semitone (±0.1 cent)
* Tuning Range from C0 to B8, covering the range of almost all of musical instruments
* Well-designed "Fixed" note wheel display
* Tone generator
* Line-in and Built-in Microphone Modes
* Optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
=== ADVANCED FEATURES ===
* Supported both Landscape mode
* Strobe Tuning Mode
* Fine Tuning Mode with a highly responsive tuning meter for perfect tuning
* Historical Curve Mode that shows tuning results over time
* FFT Tuning Mode for frequency analysis with Log, Linear or Note Display options
* Real-time Spectrogram Mode with Log, Linear, Note and Median Frequency Display options for real-time audio analysis
* Adjustable A4 (Concert A) calibration in 0.1 Hz increments
* >30 historical temperaments
* Customizable temperaments
* 12 notations
* Needle damping
* Customizable transposition options for transposing instruments
* Tone generator with four wave forms
* Customizable Input Channels
* Supported Apogee One
* Supported Inter-App Audio
* Supported Audio Bus
=== NOTICE ===
iPod Touch 3rd generation requires an external microphone.
EUMLab's goal is to unleash your musical talent! With magic technology, EUMLab provides many products to help you create or learn music.
More about us on www.eumlab.com
Follow us on Twitter/Facebook @EUMLab
Questions? Write to us: email@example.com
Watch videos on bit.ly/eumvideo
Enjoy insTuner? Try Pro Metronome for FREE! http://bit.ly/prometronome
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
1. Fixed minor bugs
2. Added integration to other EUMLab's apps
3. Added simplified Chinese support.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app! + tip & suggestion
I love this app! It works very well and it is extremely helpful when tuning something. The only problem is that whenever I was trying to tune the higher notes on my kalimba, it kept thinking I was trying to tune a different note than what I wanted. It was especially difficult to tune the highest note on the kalimba and I ended up destroying my nails by plucking the same tine over and over again. Your nails are what you use to pluck the tines, so it’s a little bit harder to play.
Here’s a tip that may be useful: taking the case off my phone helped. Another thing that sort of helped was playing the note I wanted by switching to the “tone generator” tab and playing the sound I wanted; I turn it off and play the note on my kalimba. It’s a hit or miss: sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I think it helps because it starts to look for that specific note.
Lastly, my suggestion: it would be helpful if you could select a specific note that you are trying to play so it doesn’t get confused with other notes. It would save me a lot of time and it would save my nails :)
Best chromatic tuning app that I have used
It directly tells you whether you need to make the note a higher or lower, and it even has a section where you can play any note from C with an octave of 0 to B with an octave of 8. This is really nice as it allows you to double check if a note is correct, and you can use it if the app can’t pick up a note. It picks up the notes most of the time, though it has some trouble picking up the highest notes on my kalimba at times
The only thing I slightly dislike is that even though it directly tells you whether to tune up or down, the notes are on a circle, which makes it a little confusing (for me personally) which way is tuning up and tuning down. This normally isn’t a problem, except sometimes I need to tune a tine to a completely different note than the one it’s normally tuned to. For example, I have a song where I have to tune the tine that usually plays the note A to play the note F#
That’s not that big of a deal though, so it won’t take a star off of my rating. This is definitely my favorite tuning app for my kalimba and I would highly recommend downloading this!
Love this App
This app is soooo helpful. Before a practice, rehearsal, or concert I can quickly and easily access an easy way to tune my flute. I wish there were more like it. It took me a while to find a good tuning app and this app was the one I needed and found working just how I needed to. The only difficulty is that sometimes it has a hard time picking up my instrument or high note that I am playing. That being said it is a hard thing in general wether app, real runner, or human to pick out a specific sound or listen to a high note.
The developer, EUMLab of Xanin Tech. GmbH, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Xanin Technology GmbH
- 46.6 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 7.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
English, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- © EUMLab 2014
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Version $3.99