The Complete Circular Arc Calculator
ArcCalc is a simple and easy to use app for calculating all the parts of a circular arc or segment. Given any two values, this app will calculate for the radius, length, width, height, apothem, angle, and area of a circular arc. Very useful for carpenters, architects, handymen, machinists, welders, designers, technicians, engineers, do it yourselfers, and many more.
This calculator utilizes simple and complex mathematics to do all the calculating for you. If you are one of those who went to calculus class and wondered where all that knowledge can be practically applied -- this is one of them.
* This calculator will do calculations for all twenty one cases when given any two inputs of the radius, length, width, height, apothem, angle, and area of a circular arc. All possible solutions are presented for the given two inputs.
* Length units in feet, inch, meter, centimeter, millimeter can be specified for all inputs and values to be calculated. Angle unit can be in degrees or radians.
* All calculations are automatically saved in the "Saved Results" window. Saved results are grouped by date of entry. Just swipe to delete an entry no longer needed.
* Complete error checking function for inputs that are out of range in relation to the other given input. The calculator will give the limits for all inputs that are out of range.
* Results can be shared by email.
The Arc Calculator is the mobile app version of the popular online calculator "The Complete Circular Arc Calculator". Please check it out at https://www.handymath.com/cgi-bin/arc18.cgi?submit=Entry.
Please check out also other calculators you might need at www.handymath.com and on the App Store.
The circular segment screenshots above gives a visual illustration of the parts of a circular segment. "Width" is used in place of the more proper term "Chord" as more people go with "Width".
- Dark Mode display issue has been fixed
- More improvements to user interface
- Supports iOS 13
Ratings and Reviews
I want to have more calculator apps from Roseller Sunga!
I found this app from Roseller's Handymath website which I found to be a perfect website with a comprehensive selection of calculators using a clean consistent presentation … this is very important to me … it's clean, clean, clean, and simple! After looking at, trying and being unimpressed with other calculator apps from other people, I really would love to get all of Roseller's calculators in one app.
Great circle calculator
I found this calculator through Google. I needed to find the depth of plunge of a V-Bit in a solid cylinder. Sunga's calculator saved me endless hours of math (which I had already attempted & failed).!
This is definitely what I needed since the diameter of the cylinders will change with each project I am doing. Now I have the app on my iphone & can make the calculations at the CNC Machine. Thanks for making my life easier.
I recently wrote a review about the app being hard to read when in dark mode. The developer got in contact with me that same day to try and figure out the problem. About a week later he contacted me to inform me that it was fixed! It works perfectly now. It’s a great app with great customer service!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for pointing out the problem. As you mentioned and for the benefit of other users, the problem has now been fixed in the new updated Version 1.4.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Roseller Sunga
- 2.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © HandyMath
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.