SamuraiSafe stores your passwords and other private information securely, and synchronises across your devices. It allows you to easily login to websites and mobile apps without sharing passwords.
SIMPLE AND SECURE
- designed to be highly secure yet easy to use,
- supports password security best practice: makes it easy to have unique strong passwords for every web site or service.
- your private key (known only to you) is never stored or transmitted anywhere,
- AES-256 encryption with secure hash (HMAC) to detect tampering or corruption,
- automatic clipboard clear and safe locking.
- generate strong passwords,
- configure the password generator (random characters or random words),
- indicates the strength of both generated and manually entered passwords.
SYNC TO MULTIPLE DEVICES
- iCloud sync to other iPhone/iPad/Mac,
- or manual iTunes sync to a iPhone/iPad for maximum security and control.
- store any textual information: credit card numbers, pin codes, account numbers,
- each entry may have an arbitrary length secure note,
- create multiple password safes,
- create groupings,
- maintain a history of previously used passwords.
- filter based upon password age or password strength,
- locate shared passwords.
- XML import/export.
EASY TO USE
- drag and drop username/password/url or use cut/paste,
- complete in-built documentation.
- SamuraiSafe is totally free to use on both MacOS and iOS.
STABLE AND MATURE
- SamuraiSafe has been in the App Store since 2013.
For details on SamuraiSafe’s security design philosophy see safe.samarama.net
• enhancements to new preferences panel (retains position and setting),
• issues with quitting with certain dialogs or with safe changes resolved,
• updated preferences help.
Please rate SamuraiSafe. Any feedback is welcome. Thank you to those people that have posted reviews. - Michael
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using this app for a couple years now, and it has served its purpose quite effectively. It has a small footprint. It allows for a nice organization of your credential information, and via its search you can quickly find what you are looking for.
The developer updated the iOS version with touch ID, maybe this one too? Anyhow great app! I’d pay a few bucks for the update…just to show my appreciation.Hands down, best password app, even if it were 5 to 8 bucks (iOS and MacOS app)!!
Great Password and Data safe
Excellent App!. Works flawlessly between MBR and iOS. Only feature I’d like is the unlock via fingerprint on iPhone. Therefore a strong 4 stars.
Developer Response ,
Hi Nomadic View. I agree touch id is convenient. But at what cost? It requires storing your private key or something derived from it on the iOS device in order for it to work. The principle I was applying was "no storage of your private key anywhere". Maybe I'm being to strict?
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.