Everyone should use a password manager. And it shouldn't be necessary to pay for a good one.
SamuraiSafe is a password manager for macOS and iOS. It stores your passwords and other private information securely, generates unique passwords for each website or service, and synchronises across your devices. It allows you to easily login to websites and mobile apps without sharing passwords.
SIMPLE AND SECURE
• Highly secure yet easy to use, supports password security best practice.
• Your private safe key is never stored or transmitted anywhere.
• AES-256 encryption with secure hash (HMAC) to detect tampering or corruption.
• Automatic clipboard clear and safe locking.
GENERATE & AUDIT PASSWORDS
• Generate strong passwords (random characters or random words).
• Password strength is shown for all passwords.
• Filter based upon password age or password strength, locate shared passwords.
EASY TO USE
• Touch ID.
• Drag and drop username/password/url or cut/paste.
• Complete documentation.
SYNC TO MULTIPLE DEVICES
• iCloud sync between iPhone/iPad/Mac.
• iTunes sync to a iPhone/iPad.
• Store any textual information: credit card numbers, pin codes, account numbers.
• Each entry may have an arbitrary length secure note.
• Create multiple password safes.
• Create groupings.
• Maintain a history of previously used passwords.
• XML import/export to assist migration.
• SamuraiSafe is totally free to use on both MacOS and iOS.
• Everyone should use a password manager. And it shouldn't be necessary to pay for a good one.
STABLE AND MATURE
• SamuraiSafe has been in the App Store since 2013.
• entry and password update times resize with "use larger font" option,
• fixed missing help page screenshot,
• prevent system password autofill prompt from appearing on entry details screen.
Please rate SamuraiSafe. All feedback is welcome. Thanks to those that have posted reviews. - Michael
Ratings and Reviews
I have been using this app for a couple years now, and it has served its purpose quite effectively. It has a small footprint. It allows for a nice organization of your credential information, and via its search you can quickly find what you are looking for.
simple and sweet! i like this app! the developer says everyone should have a no cost data vault loaded on there device! i really like his thought process! i am surprized to see that there are not hundreds of people that have not loaded this app on there device? i say too those people try it out and i believe you will be impressed!
The developer updated the iOS version with touch ID, maybe this one too? Anyhow great app! I’d pay a few bucks for the update…just to show my appreciation.Hands down, best password app, even if it were 5 to 8 bucks (iOS and MacOS app)!!
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Michael Rourke
- 2.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.15 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011-2021 Michael Rourke
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.