proACT is mainly used to support face-to-face CBT in recording and practicing during the waiting period between treatment sessions. Several elements included in the application are: 1) Dysfunctional thought record; 2) Behavioral activation; 3) Mindfulness and relaxation exercises; and 4) Sleep diary. Based on the entries, therapists can monitor and give individualized feedback and advices to his/her client.
Features of “proACT”
1. Different languages are provided in the application: 1) Traditional Chinese, and 2) English.
2. Push notification is available to remind participants to complete daily records.
3. Individual feedback from therapists will be sent through email.
4. A web-based platform is set up for therapists to access participants’ daily entries.
5. Record of sleep and thought distortions.
6. Participants can record audio scripts for the mindfulness and relaxation exercises provided
by the therapists during treatment, and save for later practice use
The services that this application supports and provides:
1. Thought record
This helps participants identify and examine their dysfunctional thoughts and negative emotions, and to challenge the accuracy of these autonomic thoughts. The interface is designed to help users easily interact with the application and record their feelings in two to
three minutes. Participants can also view their past dysfunctional thought record to monitor and review their changes.
2. Behavioral activation (with push notification)
This function encourages participants to plan and pursue rewarding activities. This feature allows user to set date, time and their mood of a certain activity.
3. Breathing exercise
This feature allows clients to set an alarm for breathing and relaxation exercises. Participants can record and play an audio script for relaxation exercise provided by the therapists during treatment.
4. Sleep diary (with push notification)
This function helps to record client’s daily sleep-wake schedule, including sleep-onset latency (SOL), number of awakenings (NOA), wake after sleep onset (WASO), total sleep time (TST), sleep efficiency (SE), sleep quality (SQ), and caffeine and hypnotic uses.
- change to a more informative preview of dysfunctional thought record
- fix issue that the app crashes after user registration
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.