Wolfie is your home for learning, teaching, playing and generally enjoying the piano. It is the next generation of sheet music, embraced by leading piano players from over 140 countries. With thousands of pieces and songs in its catalog and the most advanced music technology out there, Wolfie will take your skills at the piano and your love for music to the next level.
Wolfie listens to you through your iPad microphone. It follows your playing, shows you on the screen where you are, provides feedback, plays accompaniment parts, flips the page for you and more, in real time!
The Do - Re - Mi of getting Wolfie up and running:
Do. Open the app, Choose your primary use (playing or teaching) and register.
Re. Go to the catalog’s Free Zone, download your first piece, take the iPad to your piano and try Wolfie out. Hint: whenever something is not clear, tap the question mark at the top right.
Mi. Students and teachers can get a free month of premium content by linking their Wolfies. In the app’s Homepage tap the icon on the top left, and have the student enter the invite code that appears on the teacher’s iPad.
A Few More Notes:
* When starting a new piece, stay in “Annotate” mode until you feel you can play at least a few measures fluently.
* Curious to know what the piece should sound like? Most pieces have YouTube clips that are synchronized to the scores. Go to “Listen” mode, choose a clip, and tap the score to skip to anywhere you want in the video.
* In “Play Along” mode you can control the speed of the playback, and in many pieces - also which hand is being played. Have Wolfie play one hand while you are practicing the other!
* The piece is getting better? Go to “Practice” mode. Turn on the Magic Cursor and try to make it move as smoothly as possible.
* “Evaluate” mode gives you a chance to shine - and get the acknowledgment you deserve for your hard work. Go there when you feel you are ready to show your best. Remember - you can use this mode for as much as a whole piece, or for as little as a few measures.
• The Wolfie Premium Subscription Plans •
If you want to access more scores than those included in the Free Zone, purchase our auto-renewing Premium Subscription Plans to get full access to Wolfie’s ever-expanding catalog".
A subscription for Renewable Plan - Best offer, granting full access to our rich catalog of music, is $5.99 a month. Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
Terms of Service: http://www.tonara.com/terms
* iOS 11 compatibility
* bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
The major function I was interested in with this app was the listen function where you follow along.
The listen function is broken no matter what song you choose it won’t play. It gets stuck in this perpetual loop and won’t play!
Please fix this! Please!
I’m a premium member, trust me if you’re thinking about subscribing don’t! The app is super glitchy right now!
This app is great for all level pianists but I’m having problems with the current version. The already downloaded songs doesn’t open. The song get stuck on the loading process. I already wrote them but they didn’t answer and I’m paying the subscription.
Great opportunity, but live monitoring does not keep up with play - which results in a lower score rating and often requires manual adjustments for the app to catch up, especially at the last line on a page. Thought maybe it wasn't picking up the sound but I consistently tried playing forte to test that theory, but it didn't make a difference. Wide variety and offering of sheet music which I shall take advantage of regardless.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.