Cindy Sherman (b. 1954) has enjoyed a long and remarkable career. Her works have been shown in many of the world’s leading museums, but she has never before been the subject of a solo exhibition in Zurich. At the heart of the retrospective ‘Cindy Sherman – Untitled Horrors’, which runs from 6 June to 14 September 2014, is the grotesque, the gruesomely shocking in her work, from the earliest days through to most recent times.
The Cindy Sherman app will accompany you through the exhibition. It offers the following functions:
– an audioguide in German and English: while you are in the exhibition, the works that are closest to you will automatically be displayed on the screen.
– images from the exhibition to complement the audioguide texts
– extensive information about the artist and the exhibition
– a ‘selfie’ function: in her work, Cindy Sherman portrays herself in a wide range of roles, using props such as wigs and hats. Now you too can picture yourself in a new role, change your appearance and upload the finished picture to the visitor gallery or share it with friends and family.
(text message, e-mail, Facebook or Twitter).
The exhibition is a joint presentation by the Astrup Fearnley Museet, Oslo, the Moderna Museet, Stockholm, and the Kunsthaus Zürich.
Supported by Swiss Re, partner for contemporary art and the Roswitha Haftmann Foundation
– content update
- Z�rcher Kunstgesellschaft
- 18.5 MB
Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Frequent/Intense Horror/Fear Themes
- Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2014 Zürcher Kunstges. / Kunsthaus Zürich
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.