ABOUT THE ECONOMIST ESPRESSO
The Economist Espresso is a daily morning news briefing from the editors of The Economist. Delivered to your smartphone before breakfast, it tells you what’s on the global agenda for the coming day. Espresso summarises the latest news and highlights the most important stories of the day ahead in business, finance and politics.
* A morning news briefing from the editors of The Economist
* Published six days a week (Monday - Saturday)
* Available by 6am with separate regional editions for the Americas, Europe and Asia
* Free access for 30 days for new readers. Espresso subscriptions start from just £4.99/$4.99 per month. If you have an existing digital subscription to The Economist simply log in.
Espresso distils the latest global news and provides bite-sized analysis of the biggest stories of the coming day. Delivered first thing in the morning and taking less than ten minutes to read, it is the ideal way to inform yourself for the day ahead.
Espresso is part of The Economist newspaper, which offers award-winning global analysis of everything from business, finance and politics to science, technology and economics. The Economist covers every region of the world, including the United States, Britain, Europe, Asia and Latin America. All of our daily and weekly analysis is available via The Economist app (search for 'The Economist' )
New readers can try Espresso for free for the first 30 days. Subscriptions to Espresso start from just £4.99/$4.99 per month.
* Subscribe in-app and take advantage of our free-trial offer
* At the end of the 30-day trial period, a subscription will automatically commence at the standard monthly rate
* You will be charged in your local currency at the prevailing exchange rate as defined by Apple. Payment is charged to your iTunes account upon confirmation of purchase
* All subscriptions automatically renew. Your account will be charged 24 hours before the renewal date, at a cost of GBP £4.99 / USD $4.99 / EUR €4.99 / HK $23.00 a month
* You can cancel your subscription from your iTunes account settings at any time but you must turn off auto-renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current period to avoid being charged again
Try Espresso today for 30 days free.
- Minor bug fixes & enhancements
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The perfect morning ☕️
The Economist Espresso has become a valuable part of my morning routine. It provides the same quality global reporting and commentary in flowing prose that I have come to expect from the Economist Group. It survey’s recent stories I should know. And it is especially effective at covering global news which others fail to cover.
The most valuable part of the Espresso app is its brevity. The app allows me to read the news in a tight morning schedule without going down the online news rabbit hole. Like many, I strive to get the quote every morning as a reward for reading all six pages.
Keep up the good work!
Content is fine, IF you ever receive it
I’ve always loved the Economist and have read the print version religiously for over thirty years. But their apps (and their subscriptions department) are truly terrible. This app will refresh only about 70% of the time. Every third day, good luck getting the news. It’s also the only app on my phone that regularly crashes. On my phone it looks fine, on my iPad it doesn’t expand to fill the whole screen (it’s “iPhone-sized” but in an iPad screen). The app won’t rotate from vertical to horizontal, even if Screen Aspect is unlocked. Finally, there are different versions floating around in the App Store, so you have to be careful about which one you are getting. My advice: stick to the print edition. (IF it ever shows up on the front doorstep, it’s a great read!)
A Nice Dose of Calm
In the morning, I tend to make my coffee, meditate for 10-15 minutes, then read Espresso before moving on to something else whilst sipping my bean-water. As part of my morning ritual, Espresso gives me a good boost in thinking while making me a laugh out loud every so often. It’s well-informed data and links to Economist articles furthers my understanding of what’s going on in the world today. Plus, as a sucker for a good quote, the last page of the report makes me happy. Overall, a great use of time every day.
- The Economist Newspaper Group Inc.
- 71.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © The Economist Newspaper Limited 2020
- In-App Purchases
- Espresso monthly subscription $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.