SongSheet Remote lets you wirelessly control SongSheet Pro running on your iPad. Mount your iPhone or iPod Touch running Remote directly on your guitar and forget about awkward reaches to touch your iPad’s screen!
Operation is straightforward. In order to make a connection between the Remote and SongSheet Pro, all you need to do is:
1. Make sure WiFi or Bluetooth is enabled on your iPad and iPhone/iPod Touch. There is no need to be connected to a WiFi network in order for the apps to connect to each other.
2. Launch SongSheet Pro on your iPad and the Remote app on your iPhone or iPod Touch.
3. In SongSheet Pro, select the first song in the set list you wish to control and tap the phone icon in the top left to display the Remote browser.
4. When your remote appears in the browser, tap it to send an invitation to connect.
5. In the Remote app, when the invitation appears, tap it to accept, and the connection will be made.
If you have previously connected SongSheet Pro and the Remote, they will attempt to auto-connect when you first go to the song display view.
Once connected, you can use various gestures to send messages to SongSheet Pro. For example, you can step through the stanzas by tapping on your iPhone’s screen, swipe to get to the next song, and so on. If you have a Bluetooth-based controller connected to your phone (e.g. an AirTurn pedal) you can also use this to send commands via the Remote to SongSheet.
To return to the connection screen, just tap and hold for several seconds.
You can customise what commands are sent for the various supported gestures and foot pedal switches in the configuration screen.
The Remote can send the following commands to SongSheet:
• Go to the top of the song
• Go to the next/previous stanza, next/previous chorus, or the bridge.
• Go to the next/previous song
New app icon and tweaked help screens
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Missing a feature
The app is great, it’s awesome, and very useful. But there one more thing that needs that I think would be really useful. “Scroll down to next bottom screen” this feature would be great instead of only per stanza scroll. In this way you don’t need to tap constantly to scroll down.
This app tends to crash and go to the home screen here and there but still rating 5 stars because this app and the SongSheet Pro App for iPad have been the greatest apps for a musician! I write 5 stars but It would be great to fix the stability of this app.
Not OK, need an iPhone version of SongSheet
Sorry, but this is not an adequate substitution for being able to carry your SongSheet library with you. I want something I can pull out when someone says, "hey, play something." Why would I need a remote for my iPad that is sitting RIGHT HERE? Get a clue and create an iPhone version that actually can be useful. This isn't.
Developer Response ,
Hi there. If you haven't seen it already - I've since released an iPhone version of SongSheet, with most of the features of it's iPad version big brother SongSheet Pro.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.