iFretless Brass enables guitar and string instrument players to play expressive music with a variety of instruments. It includes a detailed library of samples from real brass instruments as well as a collection of classic synth sounds. Each note is sampled at nine different volume levels in order to capture the full range of tones produced by the original instrument.
1) Supports MIDI input and output for interface with external devices such as digital pianos and electronic wind instruments as well as virtual MIDI compatible iOS apps.
2) A patented algorithm uses the accelerometer accurately detects touch pressure on the screen and respond with dynamic selection of samples of the appropriate timbre and volume.
3) Responds to fretless vibrato and between-note slides in a natural way, making it one of the most expressive performance interfaces available anywhere.
4) MPE MIDI support
5) Audio Unit support allows you to use the app as a virtual instrument inside of audio recording and mixing apps such as GarageBand
Sound library includes:
and a collection of classic synth samples
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Most awesome addition (so far) to the iFretless family
At first I was somewhat razzed that the instruments in this app could not just be included with iFretless Sax, I soon knew the joy of using them side by side. I had done this before with the guitar and bass apps from this developer back in the days before Audiobus 2 and IAA. It was fun back then and even more fun now. Brass had always been one of my least favorite sounds in the realm of electronic instrumentation. Not the case with iFretless; it is executed very well and I can't seem to get enough. With the addition of the more bass-heavy sounds here I know this one will be lurking around in many of my constructions to come. Good job. Five stars on all four iFretless instruments!
Developer continues to update
To make for a great ever improving playing experience! If they add an option to include fret noises on their iFretless bass and guitar app, they would’ve successfully created the best software for emulating guitar expressiveness!!! Get the entire iFretless bundle and express on👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾👍🏾...please add a subtle fret noise option. You guys are amazing!
In app video does not play
I had to go to to the app support web site because the in app video you can access after pressing the question mark does not play. Aside from that the brass sounds are very realistic. I will have to get used to playing it like some kind of string instrument, I guess. Not sure how.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Mani Consulting Limited Company
- 225.5 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © Blue Mangoo
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.