Dependable and powerful, instantly view, draw, highlight, comment, fill and sign applications or contracts, make corrections, and much more effortlessly on your iPad or iPhone. Save time and secure the best editor for your PDF editing tasks.
“Plenty of iOS apps for reading PDFs are out there, but if you need to edit a PDF, PDFpen is the way to go.”—Macworld.com
“If you are looking for a workhorse app to handle your PDFs made by responsive developers, look no further than PDFpen.” —iPad Notebook
“A beautifully designed app that is full of sophisticated features.” —iPhone J.D.
- Quickly open PDF documents to read, search, and zoom
- Dark mode support
- View two documents simultaneously with multiple windows (iPadOS)
ANNOTATE AND EDIT
- Add highlights and freehand scribbles safely with wrist/palm protection
- Insert note and comment annotations
- Draw shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ellipses, and polygons
- Move, resize, copy and delete images in original PDF
- Import images from Photo Library
- Annotate with proofreading marks and stamps
- Add watermarks
- Automatic page numbering including Bates numbering
- Correct text in original PDF with editable text blocks
FILL AND SIGN FORMS
- Add text, images, and signatures to PDFs
- Fill out PDF forms, including specialized signature fields
CREATE, NAVIGATE, AND ORGANIZE
- Use the iOS Files interface to import/export and organize PDFs in folders
- Sidebar for thumbnail, annotation, & table of contents skimming
- Duplicate and rotate pages
- Add, delete, or rearrange pages
- Combine documents
- Select from a variety of paper styles for notes or other tasks
SYNC AND SHARE
- Sync and save documents in iCloud & Files-compatible apps such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneNote, for sharing between devices
- Email and Airdrop your documents, with an option to flatten documents for maximum compatibility
- Set a document password, which is required when opening your document, and even set the level of encryption
- Save frequently used images, signatures, objects, and text in the PDFpen Library for reuse
- Support for pressure-sensitive/Bluetooth styluses: Apple Pencil, FiftyThree Pencil, Adonit Bluetooth Stylus
Seamlessly continue PDF editing tasks on your Mac with PDFpen or PDFpenPro’s advanced features. PDFpen for Mac is available for $74.95. PDFpenPro is $124.95. Both require macOS 10.12 (Sierra) or later. Demo versions are available at https://smilesoftware.com/PDFpen.
Smile offers fast and friendly support. If you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you. Please contact us at https://smilesoftware.com/support/
About Smile: https://smilesoftware.com/company/about/
Smile Policy: https://smilesoftware.com/company/policies/
- Create and edit links to URLs, email addresses, and other PDF pages
- Various fixes and improvements
PDFpen for iPad & iPhone v.5 is on sale at a great low price — for a limited time.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great pdf editing app
I use Smile pdf software on my iPad and my Macs. I also use the related pdfPen Scan+ software when I need to convert pdf text for word processing. The app is not a substitute for the pdfPen 4.
The power of this app grows with each new release. In addition to text correction, the app now supports forms, document signing, watermarks and TextExpander
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review of PDFpen! As we continually strive to create great products, positive reviews are very helpful. It takes time and effort to post a positive review, and we are truly grateful that you took the time to support Smile.
Once upon a time, this app was at least close to best of breed. Unfortunately, this app has not held up well with the advances that have come to the iPad. It’s support for the Apple Pencil, for example, is especially disappointing. You can’t double tap to erase, and even the pencil tracking is slow and imprecise, which produces a rather frustrating experience when writing.
You’ll want to look at GoodNotes or MarginNote 3 (or better), the latter of which (presently?) even offers a 14 day free trial.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear that you are having troubles editing documents, particularly using the Apple Pencil. We take all concerns seriously and would love to address your issues more specifically. Please send details to: https://smle.us/support
Outstanding App & Developer
I’ve purchased every version of PDFPenPro for Mac OS and the iOS versions since they first launched their first app. The developer consistently updates the app. Their customer service is excellent. I highly recommend all products from this developer, including TextExpander for iOS and Mac OS.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for your review of PDFpen for iOS! As we continually strive to create great products, positive reviews are very helpful. It takes time and effort to post a positive review, and we are truly grateful that you took the time to support Smile.
- SmileOnMyMac, LLC
- 47.7 MB
Requires iOS 13.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 2019 SmileOnMyMac, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.