IMPORTANT: you need a Mac running OS X Yosemite.
Gerbil lets you use your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch as a touchpad for your Mac running OS X Yosemite. Whether it's across the desk or across the room — if you can't get to your mouse, Gerbil is there to help you reach.
• works over Bluetooth or Wifi, even if you aren't connected to a network
• supports two-finger scrolling, just like on your Mac's trackpad
• type text into your Mac using the onscreen keyboard
• drag-and-drop on your Mac using a three-finger drag gesture
• tap with two fingers to simulate a right click on your Mac
* Important: * you'll need a Mac running OS X 10.10 Yosemite, and you'll need to download Gerbil for Mac at http://gerbil.42pag.es
Ratings and Reviews
Would be great.
It would probably be a good app if they would tell you what version of MacBook you will need in order for it to work.
Where to begin!?
I was a little skeptical at first, but this app is perfect if you have an iPhone or iPad and don't want to buy a Magic Mouse! Connectivity is pretty good for me. Plus if you get a text while using this app you can leave the app, open messages, respond to the text, and come back to the app all without having to reconnect your phone and macbook! You can also control your desktops, and keyboard from the app! The only downside is no use of shortcut keys:/ or if there is, I haven't figured it out yet. Great app worth the $.99!
The most basic of instructions with no settings information and no support provided. I have tried several adjustments to my settings, reinstalling it, and have had no luck. It basically says to install it, look for your device, and connect. It doesn't give you any information for what to do if your device does not appear. Even if there is a possibility it will work for some, the product has terrible support, and I'm rather concerned with how safe it is considering the lack of thought into troubleshooting.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.