iCast is the must have app for the internet broadcaster wanting to take their show on the road. Used by both the seasoned broadcaster and those seeking an entry point into the world of online broadcasting; iCast is popular amongst field correspondents to stream live interviews and is also used in a variety of not so obvious environments such as theme parks to provision live roaming announcers throughout their facilities, auctioneers use it to broadcast auctions to remote bidders and community event hosts stream live over the Internet. Use it stand alone with just your phone, add an external microphone or headset and even plug it into your compatible mixer in the studio, the possibilities are endless.
• SAM Vibe - Integration with SAM Vibe cloud hosting
• Station Configuration Synchronisation - Synchronise your station configuration between all your devices running iCast
• Inter-App Audio & Audiobus - Stream audio from other inter-app audio and Audiobus compatible apps, such as Loopy HD
• Input Monitoring - Stream with confidence knowing exactly what you are broadcasting
• Dynamics Processor - Maintain control over the dynamic range to sound like a professional
• Equaliser - Maintain control over the frequency response to ensure a perfect quality show no matter how low your audio quality settings
• UV Meter - Visually monitor the input level to ensure minimal clipping occurs
• Facebook & Twitter - Let your listeners know when you are broadcasting via Facebook and Twitter
• AAC, AAC+, MP3 & Ogg Vorbis Codecs - Broadcast using the leading commercial and open source audio formats
• Listener Statistics - Monitor your listener count in realtime
• Slide to Connect with On Air Status - Never accidentally connect or disconnect and immediately know your current on air status
• Shoutcast 1+2 & Icecast 2 - Stream using your favourite and up to date server platform
• Background Broadcasting - Continue broadcasting whilst looking up information using Safari or checking your email
• Automatic Reconnect - Broadcast with confidence knowing that iCast will reconnect after minor connection dropouts
• Recording - record your stream on your phone whilst you broadcast and then share it via email, iMessage, AirDrop and more
* AAC+ is available as an In-App Purchase *
Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Something isn't right lately
I do like the app and use it quite a bit. Unfortunately I do not have the correct icon. It appears instead as a target type icon, a white background, with a kind of circular graph on it. I deleted the app and reinstalled it, hoping the app would then have the correct icon but it does not.
Additionally, since I deleted the app, I have to login again to my Imperative Apps account which I cannot because it appears I have forgotten the password. I tried the forgot password link but when I click on the reset link in my email, it goes to a blank page with the imperative apps logo at the top and that's all.
So I'm stuck. I am hoping the developer will see this and give me method to get in touch with them. I tried resetting on iPad and on my computer and it isn't go.
Nice program...missing two good features.
Auto-reconnect works great and the option for different codecs is even better. You need a high contrast skin option because the orange skin is extremely difficult to see in bright conditions. Another option that is missing is the ability record the stream locally on the phone or tablet.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. A dark/high contrast mode and recording are planned for a future update.
worked perfectly until June 30 of 2018
hello, I don’t have this app and purchased it about a month or so ago, and it was working perfectly till this past Saturday which is June 30, 2018. Now whenever I go to connect to any server but I know my details are correct, I get failed to connect the station no reply from server. I have the MP3 codec purchased also. I’m not sure what the problem is, thanks. I meant to say I purchased this app about a month or so ago. But dictation messed that up.
Developer Response ,
Have you been able to get the app working again? If not, please reach out to our support staff via our website and we will see if we can help.
- Imperative Apps Pty Ltd
- 10.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Imperative Apps Pty Ltd
- In-App Purchases
- MP3 Encoder Free
- AAC+ Encoder $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.