Around Tahoe ™ is Lake Tahoe's Audio Tour App!
Hands-Free GPS Tracking self-guided audio tour.
Go Around Lake Tahoe and the App will automatically play audio about Legends, Famous Movies, Unique History, Immense Wealth and Amazing Facts!
• Tips: "Cools Spots" and sightseeing adventures, fun activities, dining and entertainment locations
• Bonus: Lake Tahoe Inspired Music Tracks!
• Share: Connect to bluetooth speakers for you or all to hear
• Pictures of many locations
• GPS: pinned map locations and integrated with your device map navigation.
• Multiple pics per spot!
• Easy to follow tour path with where to start and end. Stop and start anywhere you like.
• Tour Zones - fast map panning and overview of the tour.
• Visual Audio Zones - you can see when the audio will be activated. No guessing where and when you can expect audio.
• Directions - you can get real-time directions to any POI as expected from your smartphone.
• Download it now on WiFi. No reservations, no sign-up process or fees.
• Interactive to preview your tour.
• No annoying ads.
Audio Tracks Include
• Cool Spots: Camp Richardson, East Shore, Incline Village, Spooner Summit, Tahoe City, West Shore
• Educational: Biggest Winter Ever and the Donner Party, How Tahoe Got its Name, Is there a Monster in the the Lake? Saving Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Statistics
• History: Bonanza TV Show and the Ponderosa Ranch, Frank Sinatra and The Cal Neva Resort Casino, John Steinbeck, Mark Twain, SS Tahoe Steamer, Snowshoe Thompson, Squaw Vally, The Angora Fire, The Godfather Part II and other Famous Movies filmed in Tahoe
• Landmarks: Cave Rock, Emerald Bay, Fanny Bridge and The Truckee River, Tahoe Tavern, Thunderbird Lodge
Music Tracks Include
• Big Air
• Dusk Upon The Lake
• Loaded Lazy Leisure Life
• Old Friend
• Old School Rider
• On The Banks of Frenchmens Creek
• Perfect Tahoe Day
• Ride Your Dreams
• Ski Bum
Entertainment Content author Darin Talbot
Mobile software technology provided by iApp Tours.
Arrow showing best direction, faster startup, audio controls synchronized, and summary auto scrolling to the top.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Excellent addition to a beautiful ride!
This was such a great idea to do while driving around Lake Tahoe. It gave us a good amount of history and stories. I loved that it follows you around and tells you what you are seeing when you are at the spot. We took our time and did some of the suggestions offered in the tour. We also went back the next day to do a couple things we wanted to spend more time with. I highly recommend you adding this to your driving tour!
I loved that it knew where we were and gave us information as we got there. The narrator tells some interesting history of the Lake, some great sites to see, and local places to eat. T’s Mesquite Rotisserie was out of this world. Small whole in the wall we would have never tried had Darin not suggested in his app. He gave some interesting history about the island and the castle that isn’t posted at the lookout site. Thanks Darin. You did a great job. The music was great too.
I was a little hesitant to purchase the app because it hadn’t been updated in a year and the last review was from 2 years ago. Bought it anyway and was happy that it worked great. It was a great way to do a driving tour around Tahoe. My only complaint was that the blue route that is overlayed wasn’t always on a road. So I just stuck with staying on the roads the map shows. This didn’t affect the usability though. Still got a lot out of it.
- iApp Tours LLC
- 231.5 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2017 iApp Tours LLC. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.