There is a long tradition of singing in four part harmony, but the practice is quickly dying away. The purpose of this app is to make it fun and easy for people to learn how to sing these songs in parts again. It’s actually not a hard skill to develop, and with a little effort the tradition can be revitalized before it dies away.
Using the app is simple:
- Select a song to practice by choosing it from the menu.
- Mute or unmute any part by tapping the S (soprano), A (alto), T (tenor), or B (bass).
- Quickly move forward or backwards through measures in the song by swiping left or right.
- Adjust the tempo of the song by grabbing the tempo in the corner and expanding it to the left to increase the tempo, or down to decrease the tempo.
- Pause and unpause by tapping the pause/play button at the top of the screen.
- Isolate each part (soprano, alto, tenor, and bass) so that you can easily learn a part individually.
- Mute/unmute each part to listen to the different parts in any combination you like.
- Follow along with traditional music notation. Helpful for those who already read music, and can help those who don't to quickly learn!
- Adjust the tempo at any time while practicing.
- Pause, rewind, and retry a segment you just can’t get.
- Over 70 total songs included - choose from Amazing Grace and other hymns, Christmas and Easter songs, and patriotic songs!
- The app has been totally rewritten - it's way faster - no more waiting for screens to load.
- Transitioning to a paid app without any in app purchases - get the app to take all the songs with you anywhere or try it online at calebhugo.com.
Thanks to everyone who has downloaded and enjoyed the app and purchased sets of songs. It's because of all of your support that we can share all the songs with more people! Enjoy!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was having issues getting no sound (not because it was muted!). It worked after I shutdown my phone and restarted it. Like being able to select just the alto.
Terrific Learning Tool
Does a great job of letting me hear the voices independently. Tempo control helps. The hymns are beauty filled. The printed score is a bit crowded by selection icons. I would like to read ahead on the lyrics while I sing. Reminds me of TouchPress’
App for Beethoven’s Ninth, where you can toggle orchestras while following the score on screen. I hope to see development of this fine app.
Very helpful. Sound works smoothly, and the interface is intuitive and elegant. Don't forget to take your phone off vibrate!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.