Plan your transit trip, find your best stops, and see your next departures no matter where you are in the Puget Sound region, or where you want to go. The Puget Sound Trip Planner app does it all and more. It works with all modes of public transportation – bus, train, light rail, streetcar, ferry, water taxi and the monorail. And, it includes a combination of features not found in any other trip planner.
Its unique blending of regional trip planning with real-time arrivals lets you navigate the whole region while you’re on the go. Plus, it has all the information and details about your trips – complete route schedules, helpful maps, new ways to customize your trips, service alerts, fares, walking distances and much, much more.
Whether getting around Seattle, or commuting from Everett, Olympia or Issaquah, the Puget Sound Trip Planner makes the best use of your time and energy. Get this free app for your iPhone today!
The Puget Sound Trip Planner app includes data from the following transit agencies:
• King County Metro Transit
• Sound Transit
• Pierce Transit
• Community Transit
• Everett Transit
• Intercity Transit
• King County Water Taxi
• Snoqualmie Valley Transportation
• Seattle Streetcar
• Washington State Ferries
• Cross agency, regional trip planning
• Fully customizable trip plan preferences, including transportation mode, walking distance and more
• Plan trips using popular landmarks, addresses or your own contacts
• Full trip itineraries with fare information, actual walking distance, and map view
• List of recent trip plans
• Access to scheduled times for all transit agencies in the region
• Create Point-to-Point schedules within a route
• Map based route traces
• Filter by Agency
• Search by route or headway sign
• Find Next Departures using stop number, address or landmarks
• Estimated (Est) real time departure times available for all Metro and Metro-operated Sound Transit bus service
• Provides scheduled (Sch) departure times for all agencies at a customer selected stop
• Map and List view of Nearby Stops
• Map based vehicle location for those routes where estimated times are available
• List of recent stops
• List of all regional agencies with links to their individual alerts web page
• Save your favorite locations for use in Trip Planning or Next Departures
• A contact directory of all regional transit agencies with links to their website, customer service phone number and email address
• In-app email form for reporting app related comments or suggestions to King County Metro Transit
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Works if the bus is real, otherwise lies
If the bus is coming this app can tell you if it’s running early or late. But if you live somewhere in King County where the buses are not reliable, neither is this app. If there is a bus that should be coming according to the printed schedule and this app, but isn’t really on the road (not atypical where I live) this app will tend to show it’s estimated time progressively later if you keep checking, until it’s ridiculously late, when it will just disappear. Ghost buses tend to always hover a certain time in the future, say 10 or 15 minutes away, till they blink out of existence. But, there will be another bus shown after that (whether or not there really is one). Lots of “ghost” buses in the evening where I live. Better to just start walking home.
Sometimes it works but often will show a bus as coming half an hour late, then suddenly it will change and show it 2-3 minutes away. More maddening, it will just give a null result. For example, right now just to test it, I entered my address (near 175th and Aurora) and my destination as 3rd and pike. Time: 11 pm. And it gave me the “we could not find any trips at the requested time.” Meanwhile the website trip planner works just fine.
Good solid app
This app tells you what buses, etc., to use to get where you want to go. It seems to work with timetables, not real-time location information. For real-time info about whether you will catch your bus, use OneBusAway. You will be upset and you may write a lousy review for this app if you expect it to something it isn't meant to do. Use it if you're not sure how to get where you want to go. OneBusAway is not good for that. But I'm not going to write a lousy review for OneBusAway, because that's not what it's for. Use Trip Planner and OneBusAway together. That's what I do, and I get around Seattle with minimal frustration and zero parking angst.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- County of King
- 8.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2016 King County Metro Transit
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.