"Unspent is a handy little app that lets you create one-off budgets and log spending." - Money.com
"Keeping track of your spending can be a real hassle, so a simple budgeting app is a pretty handy thing to have. ... That's where Unspent comes in, a simple app for iPhone and Apple Watch." - AppAdvice.com
"I didn't want to have to link the app to any financial institution. I wanted a simple way to log-in where the money was spent. And I needed to have multiple 'envelopes.' This app met all my needs." - The Every Day Project
Use Unspent to track your spending money and one-off budgets. Designed to be efficient and simple, for those times when full-featured budgeting software is just too much overhead. No bank connections, no charts, no decimal places. Unspent is for people who want to track spending balances, but don't want to overthink it.
Create simple categories, enter what you want to spend, then record what you spend later. With Unspent, you won't ever forget what you have left to spend.
• Track your gift purchases by person for any occasion.
• Keep up with gift money you (or your kids) receive. Simply enter the gift amount in Unspent and deposit the cash or check in the bank.
• Stick to a budget for occasional spending (e.g. back-to-school shopping).
• Record money you've collected from others for group gifts (e.g. wedding or baby shower).
• Use it like a digital version of cash envelopes for keeping everyday spending under control
• Use Unspent on the Apple Watch to view categories and enter quick transactions!
• See balances quickly using the Today View Widget!
• See a summary of what’s left to spend in the categories you define.
• Quickly add money to spend or record what you’ve spent.
• View a list of all past transactions for any category.
• Optionally require a custom passcode or Touch ID to prevent others from opening the app.
• Clean, easy-to-use interface, including animating balance indicators (just for fun!)
• Support for localized currencies based on your iPhone locale and region settings.
• Quickly share category balances by text/email.
Updated for iOS 9 compatibility.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is a great app it's easy and simple to use, it is user friendly and protective with the whole password and fingure print I like it, only thing I wish they could add would be a reminder to input your daily expenses like a time and and day or every day but espesific time cuz sometimes I forget to add what I spend that very moment so a reminder would be great but side that this app is great for me 😀 i really like it.
Simple but effective and quick
The app is really convenient for tracking income and expenses for any category you can dream up. One thing I really like, besides the fun animation of the numbers as money is spent or added, is the fact that after the user inputs a transaction in one of the categories, the app kicks you back out to the main view of all of your categories. Everything seems well thought out. Many expense/income apps first have terrible design and second don't understand the user is inputting transactions in on the go. This app succeeds in both categories. It is quick! No bloatware here. Straight and to the point with this app and it is pretty beautiful and utilizes green and red colors without me thinking of Christmas :)
For me, all the app needs is the option for the user to set decimals or not and iCloud backup. I have been in touch with the developer and it sounds like these items could be in the works. He is very responsive and helpful with any questions.
Great for Dave Ramsey-style “Envelope” Tracking
I really love this app! It’s very, very simple but I find that’s what works for me over some of the flashier budgeting apps like Mint and ProActive Budget, etc.
I’ve been inspired by Dave Ramsey to do a cash envelope system to get out of debt and this is the perfect app for digitally tracking my envelopes and keeping track of what my cash funds are while I’m not at home.
I really like that the interface is no-nonsense, just subtract or add your purchases or money and you’re good to go! I think I’ve downloaded 10 budgeting apps but this is the perfect one for me.
I’d love to see an update where the main font was just a little smaller, but for 99 cents I really have no complaints and plan to keep using this well into the future!
The developer, Nick Cochran, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.