*** CYBER WEEK: Get 50% off your Uberchord premium subscription ***
Uberchord takes guitar learning to the next level. Chords, Rhythm, Songs - all with a real instrument in your hand. Uberchord listens and adapts to you while teaching you how to play.
Ever wanted to really play guitar instead of pushing buttons? Now you can.
"I have just one complaint: This is so mind-blowingly addictive. I have BLISTERS ON MY FINGERS!!"
"I have been playing for 30 years and teach part-time, I can say anyone looking to learn to play and only applies yourself with this app it will work and make a great player - anybody can do it!"
"This app is such a great practice tool. I really practice longer and push myself harder. It helps me to figure out correct hand placement. I love this app!!"
• Patented technology: Uberchord listens to and understands what you play in real-time
• Interactive and adaptive: practice with instant feedback at your own pace
• Finger Correction: get visual feedback on your fingering
SONG CATALOG WITH OVER 200 GREAT TITLES (with Premium Plan)• House Of The Risin' Sun
• Bill Withers - Ain’t No Sunshine
• Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
• Ed Sheeran - Bad Habits
• Imagine Dragons - Thunder
• Bryan Adams - Summer of '69
• Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
• Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry Be Happy
• Metallica - Nothing Else Matters
... new Songs every week!
• Handcrafted courses with popular songs
• Teaches you all the necessary techniques and prepares you for playing songs
• Earn picks to unlock the next level
• Learn to play popular songs step-by-step
• Start with chord progressions, then move on to strumming and lyrics
• Learn the parts of each song separately until you are ready for the full song
• Get into the groove with professionally produced MIDI backing tracks
RHYTHM AND STRUMMING TRAINER
• An entirely new approach to rhythm training
• Learn complex strumming patterns, slowly step-by-step
• Improve timing and rhythm by getting real-time visual feedback
GREAT PREMIUM CONTENT
We offer a premium subscription, "Uberchord Essential" as a monthly, quarterly, or annual plan. The subscription includes:
• Unlimited access to all of our learning content
• A song catalog with courses for over 200 popular songs
• One-week free trial
Your Uberchord Premium subscription will begin at the end of the trial period and automatically renew at the end of each term, and your credit card will be charged through your iTunes account. You can turn off auto-renew at any time from your iTunes account settings, but refunds will not be provided for the unused portion of the term.
TRAINER: DAILY WORKOUT
• Personalized chord workout based on your weaknesses (auto-composed exercises)
• Track your daily practice time and achieved experience points
• Set your personal goals and get daily reminders to achieve them
EDITOR: WRITE CHORD PROGRESSIONS
• Song Editor: Create your own exercises with chords as easy as drag and drop
• Chord Dictation: Record chords by playing them on your guitar one at a time
• Share your creations with your friends or students
• Chord Recognizer: Identify any chord you play and get its name, tones, and tensions
HIGH PRECISION TUNER
• Professional tuner: extremely precise, fast and stable
• Keep your guitar in tune for the best training experience
• 19 tunings available for free
WORKS WITH ANY STANDARD GUITAR
• Uberchord works with acoustic and electric guitars.
• For electric guitars, you need a cable connection with an adapter (for example, iRig2 or Apogee Jam)
NEED HELP OR HAVE QUESTIONS?
LEARN MORE ABOUT UBERCHORD
Terms of Service: www.uberchord.com/terms-of-use
Your Uberchord user account now also works in our new app "URBAN Guitar" that we developed in partnership with Yamaha and Keith Urban.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent for my beginner self!
I started playing guitar about 2 years ago and i was horrible at practicing regularly. For a variety of reasons i just sucked at it. Uberchord was just what i needed and since Christmas i think I’ve made a lot of progress in very little time. I sound like a commercial. I think you are the only paid product i have ever bought! Great stuff, keep it up, I’m at almost 100 pics now!!!! You have to earn pics in the various exercises to open up more advanced exercises. Great visualization with finger numbers on strings & frets. You can also slow down drills which is key when i hit a hard one.
The simple discipline of practice i needed of going between two chords, or more as i progress is what was missing from my lesson to lesson. Even at 5 stars this is under rated! Get started with the free parts and for me it was simple to buy it as i progressed and was for once excited to move forward. My set up for this is: Telecaster, cable to an iRig, iRig to iPad... iRig to Amp. I use an external Bluetooth speaker for output from the iPad (or iPhone) but use the mic in from the irig. So i had to buy a 2nd cable and iRig, but it can work with out that. Over Xmas i actually just went guitar to irig to iPad since i was at my in-laws. Also the chord finder is pretty cool as well.
Lost legacy paths(FIXED)
I’ve had uberchord since the very first updates and was a very faithful user for quite some time. Although I had stopped before the new subscription plan had come out I was still happy to know that uberchord would let me use the old legacy paths and that I could return to finish them if I wanted. However after going on the app recently, I was very disappointed to see that these legacy paths had been removed from the app completely. I would sincerely appreciate it if I could get access to these paths again and would continue my use of uberchord if that happened
Edit: I don’t know what happened but after logging into the app again after three days the old legacy courses were back. Thanks uberchord very much for creating such a quality app for guitar!
Developer Response ,
Hi MusicMan, if you had any progress in the legacy courses you should still have access to them. Can you please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Let's sort this out. Thanks. Simon.
It’s great! Can use some added features (maybe I’m just dumb, though.)
So I very much enjoy the app, I have been using it for only two days, but it keeps me motivated and pushes me to keep trying to learn something despite tender fingertips. I plan on purchasing a subscription for the app, but I wish it had two added features.
1. A legend somewhere in the app where you can acess the meanings of different symbols, I know the downstroke “U” sorta thing, but there’s a “V” symbol that I don’t know. I am sure that there’s various other symbols I will encounter and not understand. Keep in mind I am a new guitar player.
2. A sort of icon that you could press that goes over the instructions of the selected lesson. Other types of programs (not guitar related) have a sort of “i” up in the top corner or so, often ecliped in a circle. Having the aid of a refreshed instructions guide would be immensely helpful. There’s a certain lesson where I don’t know if I should keep strumming or not, and if I had that I would understand, or if I simply had better brain cells...
Thank you, if you all read this and find any helpfulness from my review. I am sure to find some more great things about this app.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Uberchord Engineering GmbH
- 273.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 10.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © Uberchord UG
- In-App Purchases
- Essentials $14.99
- Uberchord Premium $59.99
- Essentials $29.99
- Annual Premium Subscription $119.99
- Essentials $11.99
- Essentials $71.99
- Essentials $23.99
- Essentials $89.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.