SteamPower1830 is an engaging strategy game for iPad and iPhone. Lay the tracks to build a thriving railroad and business empire. As the Golden Age of the steam train dawns, you create your own dynamic world of railway lines, cities and steam locomotives. With superb HD graphics, great gaming depth and intuitive control, this game is an absolute must-have for strategy and train fans. Online connection required.
Languages available in the game: English, German, French
How to play:
• Design your own railroad world with straight-forward touch control
• Establish cities, build locomotives and expand your railway network
• Produce/mine essential raw materials to ensure the growth of your cities
• Transport passengers and raw materials with your steam trains
• Upgrade your locomotives, trains stations, city structures and track layout
• Reach a certain total population in a given amount of time to win a map
• Deploy your trains to conquer 30 European country maps in the Single-Player Campaign
• Business and building game with a vibrant, detailed game world
• Golden age of steam trains in Europe from 1830 to 1930
• Game world freely configurable with no limitations on building and railway network layout
• Simple touch and/or mouse control
• Hex-grid map for strategic depth
• Single player campaign with 30 individual playing maps set in Europe
• Cross-platform chat function
• Cloud online score saving allows playing on different devices
• Rankings for all maps
The feed for your brain, enjoy!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
SteamPower1830 is a great game by itself, but I'd like to see a more explanatory tutorial on how to strategize to win a game, and I'd like to see more content like upgradable trains or a dual train track on 1 hexagon or trains that are unlocked as time progresses, to put a few ideas out there. Now I'm not one of those people that asks straight up for these ideas, I know making a game that is on Mobile AND Computer can't be easy, and I don't even know if the Dev team is big or just 4 guys in a garage so I don't expect big changes. But at least the game is updated every time there's a new iOS released. One more thing. The game could be made a little easier. Like for example, food is worth almost no monetary value later in a game, same for wood, but not as much. As I said, the game is fine by itself. I appreciate the amazing game that sticks out of all the other tycoon games on the App Store and even on pc too, I think.
I wish the dev team the best of luck on this game and future projects.
Overall Rating - 9/10 - 5 stars
Great game once you get the hang of it.
Very pleasing. After a kinda slow start and tutorial, the game picks up pace and you can experiment a little and find what works, like connecting tracks between 3 cities, allowing time for resources to grow and spread them out between towns. Focus one resource at least per town so there is always something to ship out. The game stalled a couple times. There’s no explanation at the beginning, but don’t waste time trying to figure out how to make an account. After the tutorial, you can set up an account. A couple of glitches will be taken of in future updates, surely.
Great game but late is a bit too hard. Also some suggestions.
This is a great game but the late game stages are too hard and should be made easier. The game stops becoming fun in late game because you are forced to work at an extremely fast pace and race the clock to the point that the game becomes less about actually playing the game and more about rushing the clock and usually failing. HOWEVER, if you like that kind of play style during the end of a game then you will love the game throughout the entire time you play it. If we could get free premium currency, say 1 gold every 1 or 2 days that we login, that would be very helpful. Also the wheels on the train engines do not rotate or move, so please make them animated. Also if valleys were added to the game with bridges being required to build over them and oil being a cargo available in 1920 would be great. This is one of the best transport games on the iPad. One last thing. Tunnels through mountain ranges please?
- Hexagon Game Labs GmbH
- 47.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Russian
- Age Rating
- SteamPower1830 © 2013 by Hexagon Game Labs GmbH
- In-App Purchases
- 6 Gold Coins $2.99
- 10 Gold Coins $3.99
- 22 Gold Coins $6.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.