Playtime Kid Crono helps parents to control children screen time and to reward them for respecting their playtime in front of iPad, iPhone or iPod devices.
If you want your kid to return the device without throwing a tantrum or if you feel your child is spending too much time in front of screens, Playtime Kid Crono will help you change this. The app brings the innovative ability to limit the time spent on devices by reinforcing children self control through a reward mechanism. You set the playing time or schedule on their device and they win prizes for respecting them.
• 100.000+ rewards granted in 80 countries
• 77% of parents responded the app helps the child return the device
• 70% of parents said children love receiving rewards after playing
• Coins and gems incentives to stop playing on time
• Personal avatars with changing moods according to the spent playtime
• Timer can be started by parents or by the child
• Support multiple profiles with separate time locks
• Multiple controls to start, pause, stop and swap the timer between children
• Support of daily and weekly schedules
• Email warnings when notification settings have been tampered
Playtime Kid Crono is the perfect parentkit app for parents with kids between 3 and 12 year old looking for a healthy use of technology and digital screens.
• To guarantee the app protection is effective, it is mandatory that you configure the Kid Crono notifications as persistent banners as explained in the in-app tutorial.
• Kid Crono doesn't block or lock the device but it rewards and incentivises children for adopting good habits rather than prohibiting or punishing.
• The timer doesn't stop by itself if the device is left unused.
Improvements for iPhone X, XS and SE.
Updated for iOS 13 devices.
Ratings and Reviews
Keeps waking up iPad.
First of all, it doesn't really limit a kid's time. It just keeps showing notifications when the time is up. Oh well, I was willing to see if it would still work for us. But it the turns out it won't let the iPad turn off. Any time the off button was pressed, a few seconds later it would switch back on showing a notification. Rather the opposite effect of what you'd want from an app like this. Sorry, but seems like an epic fail to me.
Developer Response ,
The app is definitely not behaving as expected. Can please contact our support team so we can help you resolve the issue.
Be careful, it can work but it is invasive and after a number of attempts to fix it with development I just deleted it. It would not keep accurate time with my sons play and it kept deleting any rewards he gained. I could not figure out how to make it work or fix it and development offered little advise that worked.
Super effective & easy to follow!
This is a great parental control aid when it comes to set up limits for kids play time with electronics. My 7 year old loves the rewards ! The app instructions are very easy to follow and update based on individual needs. Thumbs up !!!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Recrea Vision SL
- 36.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2020 RecreaVision S.L.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.