Idealist is a visual shopping list app that allows you to quickly create your grocery list and saves time when you are in the supermarket.
• Share Online — share your list online and keep it synced on all devices (Full Version)
• Apple Watch app — all the lists on your watch fully synced with the iPhone
• Visual design — products in the list are grouped into coloured categories
• Fast dictation — the only shopping list that automatically adds products as you speak
• Multiple category layouts — configure up to 5 custom category layouts for different retailers
• See what's left — tap a product to mark it as completed and make it less noticeable
• Efficient UI — designed to minimise taps composing and save time when buying
• Preloaded database — large database of products in many languages
• Full customisation — add, remove and edit categories and products
• Import, Export — backup and share your product database
• Adjustable text size — list font size is configurable (up to 200%) with All Caps support
• Time and location alarms remind you about your shopping tasks (Full Version)
• Always-on screen mode — disable screen lock when shopping
This is a free version of Idealist with a single list of up to 20 products. It is intended to demostrate the general idea of the app. If you like Idealist's concept, please consider getting the full version upgrade.
Enter our website to learn more about the app:
"...The app manages to feel fresh, unique, and highly creative in a category that feels quite saturated. You will be able to put your lists together faster than ever before…"
"...The Idealist is one of those apps where the moment you launch it you feel at ease and the user interface feels inviting. There isn't much of a learning curve here as everything is very self-explanatory..."
"...The Idealist app for your iPod touch and iPhone is able to effectively change the way you go about creating and using shopping lists..."
(appPicker.com Staff Reviews)
• iPhone X support
• Large suggestions — added a setting making the suggestion rows higher.
• Multiline mode — added multiline mode for the Apple Watch app.
• Color selection view — fixed a glitch that caused the table header to appear in color selection view.
• Layout view — fixed a crash that happened when trying to open the Layout view in Settings.
• Apple Watch localization — fixed Apple Watch app localization of menus.
You can find more info on our website:
We'd like to thank you for your suggestions and comments.
Let us know of any issue so that we can fix it.
Please do not hesitate to contact us.
If you have a free moment, please leave us a review. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Where has this app been all my (iPhone) life?
I ran across this app when looking for a shopping list app I can use on my Apple Watch. I am so sorry it took me this long to find it. I updated almost immediately to the paid version, because being able to sync across devices and share lists with my SO is worth it. I love this app and use it all the time. 1.99 is a small price to pay for this amount of organization. It really simplifies my life on the phone and watch. Love it.
Best in Class
I did a ridiculous amount of research on which grocery app I wanted to replace my Grocery IQ app with, and this one is by far the best. The UI is intuitive and enables you to quickly make lists and use them. You can even keep items for specific stores (like the favorites section of Grocery IQ) so you can check the stock of all your usual items at home while making your list.
It also syncs to my watch and now shopping is almost too easy. (I even pay with my watch when I check out!)
I've emailed the devs to ask about features and they've written back every time within a few hours.
Put all this together and you have a game-changer. I haven't been this excited about an app since my brand new iPhone 3G debuted a new iOS feature called the 'App Store.'
Preliminary review--synchs!; Scan?
We had used a grocery list app for several years. Alas it is gone. Idealist is our 2nd try for a replacement. Synching was absolute requirement. Idealist seems to be working well. Can I scan UPCs to add to lists? If I can't it isn't a deal breaker and it would be nice. I'll update this review after I have more experience with Idealist.
- Idealist Software
- 4.5 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Arabic, French, German, Hebrew, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Idealist — Shopping List, Grocery List
- In-App Purchases
- Full Version Upgrade $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.