Keep personal notes, a diary, and a work journal, all at the same time. Format text and organize notes using tags and folders. Add attachments. Sync, save, and share.
Better Things is a versatile note editor with formidable functionality in a single convenient package. With an elegant, uncluttered interface, versatile settings, and a rich range of formatting and data organization options, Better Things has been described by users throughout the world as “a convenient and versatile notebook,” “a brilliant product,” and “a rare gem.”
We have also packed Better Things with a wealth of handy features above and beyond the usual notes editor functions. We work constantly to perfect our products and to develop and add new features to them. If there is a specific feature that you’d particularly like to see, write and let us know!
SYNC AND BACKUP
• iCloud sync across all your iOS devices - iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
• Export/import to iTunes as a single file or in PDF/TXT format
• Passcode for the app or individual journals
• Identity sensor support
FOLDERS AND TAGS
• Any number of journals
• Folder hierarchies of any level
• Colored tags
• Voice recording
• Any number of attachments
• Attachments gallery
• WYSIWYG approach: "What You See Is What You Get"
• Bold, italic, underlined, strikethrough text
• Undo/redo operations
• Checklists in entries
• Bulleted and numbered lists in entries
• H1-H6 headers
• Editing in landscape mode
• Clean and uncluttered yet fast and powerful user interface
• Night mode
• Customized writing reminders
• Full-text search
• Archive for entries
• Various sorting and grouping settings
• Text size, font, line interval settings
• Import from other apps and sharing
• 3D Touch - shortcut actions
• Easy switching between entries using swipe gesture
• Added setting to stretch entry text when hiding left panel on iPad
• Some localization fixes
• iTunes menu items renamed to "Files"
• Fixed an issue with some entries lost when exporting journals with empty entries
• Fixed background color on printing
• Fixed pasting from Markdown in empty entry
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The BEST, quick, easy features
This may be the best note and organizer app AND it’s cloud synced. It’s easy to use, quick and does most of what you’ll need.
The major change for me would to change its icon,-). Other minor things, I’d be willing to pay a one-time fee to allow font changes and hi lighting or color on notes, though don’t want to add clutter:
Excellent, please backup to google.
I would really like this to backup to my google drive as an option.
Really good app, especially for students.
Crashes! Please fix.
Developer Response ,
The crash was fixed more than a year ago, as soon as you reported of it. Thank you!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.