Guitar Notes: Fretboard Games is a game that improves your guitar skills. This application was created in collaboration with professional guitarists in order to help people memorize notes on a guitar's fretboard. Before the clock runs out guess the correct note and earn higher scores and higher skills. The more points you get the cooler the guitars you unlock and don't forget to test your skills in the real world ! What are we talking about?
Why should you know the notes on your fretboard ?
Here are a few reasons why:
1. Understand the music your are playing - learning the notes increases your insight into music, making it easier to recreate and compose songs.
2. Increase your improvising skills - familiarize yourself with all the notes and have them always at your fingertips
3. Speak the same language as musicians - notes (like words) allow you to write music and communicate with your fellow bandmates
4. Read sheet music more easily - reading and playing standard notation becomes much easier when you know notes location on a fretboard
5. Take more out of music theory - knowing notes makes music theory concepts much more applicable
6. Transpose songs, riffs and solos to other parts of the fretboard - play them all over the fretboard and find out where they sound best
7. Build a foundation for ear training - by playing Guitar Notes, slowly but surely you will improve you ear and help to make a connection between what you hear and what you see
Besides all these benefits, here is what makes our game unique:
- interactive lessons that provide theory and practice
- customizable training mode (requires in-app purchase)
- challenge mode
- reaction times statistics (requires in-app purchase)
- accuracy statistics (requires in-app purchase)
- custom practice
- new game modes
- graphical improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Needs much work but effective!
I really want to give this 5 stars but it has some obvious bugs and the developer only updates like once a year. Too bad, there is some real potential here. Some notes don’t sound, D and C sometimes, check that out. Also what’s really frustrating is I’ll be up to 180 correct or so and the last tap maybe was doubled tap and the app registers that as a wrong answer for the next note, rrrr.... also the note you tap aren’t laid out far enough, it’s easy to mistakenly tap a wrong answer. It really needs a refresh for a paid app BUT it’s very effect and I like the high score feature it helps with motivation so that’s worth 3 stars, but minus 2 stars for bad interface and minor bugs and low engagement on the developer. Will 5 star this once/if improvements are made.
Just learning basic music theory and this app has been a great supplement.
I have very little issue in charting the notes on a piece of paper and this app has been so helpful in testing my ability to locate the notes on the fretboard. I really like how it shows all the notes that you went through right after you are done or in my case when I selected the incorrect note.
It’s fairly addictive so a few days in and I can tell that this is an app that I will continue to use and eventually reference back to during my time playing the guitar
a pretty good app
It's lacking bar recognition and some other small, but very important features. I don't know all the names, but I know I use them on guitar and can't really tweak the song into the right bpm. for writing down ideas real quick so you can later write it on the PC, if you are forgetful like me, is ideal. Cause I do wish I could also write down more melodically correct tunes. right now it's just a little better from recording it.
- Marcin Sewastianowicz
- 65.6 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2019 Marcin Sewastianowicz
- In-App Purchases
- Guitar Notes Pro $3.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.