Discover the full potential of IEEE:
• Personalize your experience and recommendations
• Stay up-to-date with the latest news
• Read and download your IEEE magazines
• Schedule, manage, or join meetups
• Locate IEEE members by location, interests, affiliations and more
• Locate conferences and meetings
Your global gateway to IEEE
• Completely redesigned user interface
• Download of magazines for offline reading
• Improved meetup functionality
• Content recommendations
• Expanded people search functionality
• See how your interests and affiliations match other users
• Visitor access
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Sorry, I rarely bash an app, but the replacement for the IEEE Spectrum app (and others) with this app is a terrible step backwards.
1. No offline availability?
The whole point about magazines in the old days were that you could take them with you wherever you went - airplane, train, etc. Killing that removes a large part of the time, people could read up on technology.
2. iPhone screen size?
When you have a large screen like on an iPad, why would you limit the viewable size to that of an iPhone? A magazine with its pictures should exploit whatever screen real estate is available, not artificially limit it.
Please fix this and turn it back into something useful for reading magazines on the road.
Lousy app (for iPad), online reading only
I used to use the IEEE Spectrum app on the iPad to read that magazine. Now, it seems that IEEE has downgraded that app to this Lousy app - it seems to be built for the iPhone, and has the iPhone screen aspect ratio. Also, you can no longer store magazines for offline reading (in flights, for example).
IEEE prices keep going up and service keeps getting worse every year.
No offline available
This is a real step down for the membership. IEEE can do better.
Members can no longer download Spectrum for offline viewing. Furthermore, the only screensize available seems to be for iPhone. Good luck reading it on iPad. When you try to enlarge it, it is out of focus.
So the new policy and the new app are both insults to the people paying the bills.
- Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers Inc
- 102.5 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese
- Age Rating
- © Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.