Web and mobile flight planning
Designed for iPad
- Offers In-App Purchases
U.S. Web and Mobile Flight Planning
Welcome to iFlightPlanner for iPad v4.5!
iFlightPlanner provides unparalleled flight planning from any computer or mobile device for pilots of all levels flying in the United States and with version 4.5, this includes your iPhone as we are proud to introduce the companion to iFlightPlanner for iPad.
Why iFlightPlanner? Here are some of the incredible features:
• Seamless, 2-way synchronization with flights planned at iFlightPlanner.com
• Intuitively plan U.S. flights with auto-routing, recently issued ATC routes, SIDs, STARs, or direct
• Detailed navigation logs with fuel, time, and distance calculations
• Thorough weather briefs for the entire route of flight
• Integrated, weight & balance calculator customizable for your aircraft
• One-touch VFR and IFR ICAO flight plan filing and closing in the U.S.
• Hi-resolution U.S. VFR, TAC, and IFR Low/High Enroute charts
• Animated weather imagery from Baron Weather
• ADS-B weather and traffic from more than 10 certified and portable devices
• Map overlays menu with interactive weather, airspace, fuel pricing, and more
• GPS moving map with integrated flight data recorder
• Georeferenced airport diagrams and instrument approach procedures
• Virtual GPS compatibility with Microsoft Flight Simulator, Prepar3D, and X-Plane
• Expanded digital instrument panel with instrument approach timer
• Customizable split-screen view with enhanced approach plate viewer
• Intelligent cockpit voice recorder with auto-pause functionality
• Comprehensive Airport/Facility Directory with national retail fuel prices
• Stylus-compatible Notepad with free draw and typing capabilities
• Digital pilot log with currency and EAA IMC Club proficiency tracker
• One-touch transfer of flight plans to ForeFlight, Garmin Pilot, FltPlan Go, WingX, FlyQ, and Jeppesen FliteDeck
...all this and much more! So, take advantage of the 30-day FREE trial to iFlightPlanner Premium, our top-level membership, and experience all that iFlightPlanner offers. Visit our website for a complete breakdown of every feature.
After the trial, you may elect to continue with an iFlightPlanner Core or iFlightPlanner Premium membership. All memberships include comprehensive web, iPad, and iPhone-based flight planning. Premium members have access to enhanced features both online and in the app.
NOTE: Continued use of your device's GPS can dramatically decrease battery life. iFlightPlanner offers the ability to turn off the GPS when not needed.
* U.S. Sectional download bug fix
* Airport Directory Fuel Types display bug fix
Thanks to our members for reporting these couple items! We always appreciate the feedback!
Ratings and Reviews
Cheap way to fly & log
I like the app, it has a great logbook as well which I use consistently. Includes a place to add route information so that you can see basically you did multiple legs and landed at different airports without having to start a new flight for short hops over to an airport that’s 10 miles away etc.
Cannot say the same thing about Log10 which is useless at that. (I get it that they want to have every flight to a different airport logged at a XC for Pt. 135 and/or 121 mins., but it’s still a pain.)
I see 172Capt said 10 years ago that it crashes a lot. Don’t find that true, but my iPad that is really old crashes a lot.
I also like the timer that can come up on the same page as the plate.
AND much cheaper than Foreflight!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for your review and kind words about our support! Providing first class support has been a core principle since day one. We're always happy to help.
On our Downloads, you can download the entire US at once without having to select every state. To do so, go to the Downloads tab, tap Settings at the top right, then select "United States" under "Download Region Selections." We see now the "United States" option could look like a header for the list of states, rather than an option itself!
In addition, we are well into development for our iPhone version, so keep your eyes out for that in the near future!
Easy to use flight planning app
The flight planning is easy to use. Developer quickly responded to an in app navigation issue on my older iPad 3. The updated version is now current. I look forward to further refinements of the app.
The forte of this app is that I can plan a flight on my PC using the desktop version of the program using the much larger screen and a keyboard. The saved flight plan is then available on my iPad where I can transfer the flight plan to Garmin Pilot for use in my airplane. This app is usable in the airplane, particularly for VFR flight. It needs further refinements to match the capabilities of Garmin Pilot and Foreflight for IFR flight use.
Where I will definitely use this app is on my older iPad3 which is too old for the other apps. iFlightPlanner on my iPad3 easily pairs with X-Plane 11 offering moving map display and approach charts for IFR practice flights on the simulator. For the modest cost of an annual basic iFlightPlanner subscription I’ve got a great use for my older iPad on the sim.
Developer Response ,
I believe we communicated via e-mail about this issue. We have investigated and identified an issue with the top right navigation button when viewing a flight that allows you to switch between flight views (which can also be done by swiping left or right on the views).
This issue affected iOS 9 & 10, but not iOS 11, 12 or, 13. We try to support as many versions of iOS as possible to prevent you from having to upgrade your older iPad if it is still working fine, but there are sometimes subtle differences between versions that produce an odd bug like this one.
The updated version of iFlightPlanner is in the App Store with this issue corrected. We hope we can earn your additional stars!
I used the free version of IFlight Planner when I fly my Kitfox 3 from Seattle to Houston to Kitty Hawk and back to Seattle before the days of ADS-B. It was very adequate. Now in order to support ADS-B in, I subscribe. It is still a bargain. Customer support is superior to ANY product line inside or outside aviation. I couldn’t recommend it more highly. Jimmy Wayne Ball Maple Valley, WA
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- iFlightPlanner, LLC
- 16 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011-2022 iFlightPlanner, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- iFlightPlanner Premium - 1 Month $9.99
- iFlightPlanner Core $49.99
- iFlightPlanner Premium - 3 Months $24.99
- iFlightPlanner Premium Plus - 3 Months $39.99
- iFlightPlanner Premium - 1 Yr $89.99
- iFlightPlanner Premium $99.99
- iFlightPlanner Premium Plus - 1 Year $139.99