The first Italian app on mushrooms with the new Artificial Intelligence assisted recognition capability.
You’re in the woods… looking for mushrooms or just on a walk. You know your porcini, chanterelle, parasol mushrooms, ok, but all the other species you may find? What are they called? What do they look like? Are they edible?
iFunch helps you with a fast identification system based on morphological and color features. You’ll be able to immediately recognize the mushrooms you find on your walk using a procedure that simplifies their identification and minimizes the possibility of error.
In addition, a new powerful recognition function based on Artificial Intelligence(*) is now available. Take a photo of the fungus with your camera and the app will find matches in the database.
You can browse the over 420 selected species wherever you are, viewing the photos, illustrated tables and detailed information providing more accurate identification and fun facts. You can even find single mushrooms by their names.
The mushroom photos were taken by fans throughout the world. You can even have yours published by following the instructions on the support site. The best photos and photographers’ names will be added to future updates.
- selection of 426 mushroom species
- 877 photos
- 236 illustrated tables
- glossary of mycological terms (with pictures)
- multiple-choiche quiz to test your mycologic knowledge
the following is listed for each mushroom:
- the scientific name, any synonyms and common names
- sporocarp shape and color
- habitat and seasons when found
- fun facts and notes
you can search by:
- morphology and color, with a wizard
- the new experimental function of mushrooms AI recognition by your photos
- alphabetical order, using the two lists of scientific and common names
the database is integrated in the application and can be browsed without connecting to the Network and at no extra cost.
* The algorithm of mushroom recognition is implemented on the technologies of Dato ML company.
Dato ML develops solutions using machine learning and artificial intelligence.
Warning: Mushroom identification and edibility should be determined by expert and certified mycologists or competent health control centers. Incorrect or incomplete information could cause serious injury including intoxication or deadly poisoning.
- Added new high resolution pictures and new species
Ratings and Reviews
Nice interface and icon, but...
I'm looking forward to a broader library of mushroom species. Much broader, hopefully. Couldn't ID the two types in my Seattle backyard (I know damn well that one of them is P. Cyanescens, a very popular and much-discussed species). But don't change the icon! It's the only reason I chose this app over its cartoonish-looking bretheren.
A very nice app. Well thought out & executed with gorgeous photos, intuitive interface, & accurate species info. Two issues preventing a perfect 5 rating: 1) the relatively small database, & 2) the consistant tendancy to crash after 5 minutes or so of use. I'd like to see names with the "results" pictures, but this is minor. I have two other mushroom id apps, one costing $15, & the other costing $4. With the right update, this app could easily trump them both.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Marco Aureggi
- 381.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- 12+ Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2009-2019 MAAB Labs
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.