Importer for Contacts is a powerful Mac app that can convert Excel files, CSV files, and tab-delimited files into vCards. The app can also restore Address Book groups from vCards.
Importer for Contacts offers these features:
- Imports Excel files (.xlsx), including embedded pictures
- Imports CSV files that Apple Contacts refuses to open
- Imports vCards with automatic group restoration
- Maps fields automatically and remembers field mappings for future imports.
- Lets you also save field mappings as separate import setups to make repeated imports easier
- Supports custom labels (lets you also create one on-the-fly)
- Can perform automatic group assignment. Groups that do not already exist will be created. In your import file, simply add a column with a comma-separated list of group names that the contact should be a member of.
- Supports line breaks in CSV and tab-delimited text file fields (street addresses, notes, etc.) if the file is properly formatted
- Fields not supported by Contacts can be added to the "Note" field
- Provides a powerful feature to extract comma- or new-line separated labelled value lists from an import field. For example, if your import file contains a field with several phone numbers in the form "work: (123) 456-789, home: (987) 654-321", map this to the "Phone" contact field and choose "Extract from field" from the "Label" popup menu. Importer for Contacts will then split the text into separate values, assigning the provided label to each of them accordingly.
- Comes with an interactive preview to make it easier to determine the character encoding of the import file – helpful if you don't know which encoding was used or if you have no idea what a character encoding is.
Importer for Contacts is a native macOS application and supports all the fields of a Mac/iOS Address Book contact, including custom labels.
Unless unlocked with an In-App Purchase, Importer for Contacts allows the import of 10 records to give you a chance to check if the app does fit your needs.
For questions, suggestions, and bug reports please contact the author. Please don't use the review system of the App Store to ask questions.
- Added support for the "Phonetic Company" contact property
- Improved detection and handling of unwanted strings in Excel files, such as Windows line breaks and encoded characters
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Most in-depth / easiest to use contact app out there
A few months ago my boss lost all of her contacts on her phone. I was tasked with with finding a way to take all of her contacts from a software she uses, and then import them into her contacts with almost every field filled. I tried so many different apps and none of them would import ALL the info she had on these contacts. I tried this one and it was doing much better than the rest, but still wasn’t exactly what I needed. I emailed the developer, and it turned out they had been working on a beta that did EXACTLY what I needed. They ended up emailing me that software and minus a few bugs (it was still a beta), it did everything! The beta that I used I believe is a past version now, but it saved me from entering in about 15 fields for each contact with about 6,500 contacts on a phone. This app will do EVERYTHING you need.
Excellent app, worth it to convert Contact Files!
I made the mistake of not making my iCloud account the 'default' place to store contacts so for years I was storing contact with other internet account. It was beginning to get frustrating and I wanted all my contacts in one place, preferably my iCloud account! This fixed me right up!!!
The only contact conversion app you need
Got this to convert excel sheets to vcf groups. Worked like a charm! Once you import the first sheet and rearrange the categories, it remembers what you used, so if the spreadsheets are all the same, you click a few buttons, and all your groups are done! Well worth the few dollars spent!
- Stefan Keller
- 6.9 MB
macOS 10.12 or later, 64-bit processor
- Age Rating
- © 2017—2020 Stefan Keller
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock All Features $8.99
- Unlock All Features $8.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.